• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2001 S10 Trans Problem

silverado31794

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
130   0
Reaction score
I have a 01 Crew Cab Super 10. Started shifting hard into 2nd last week. Then yesterday went to leave the house an pull off it won't start out in 1st. Starts out in 2nd. but you can put the shifter in 1st manually an it will pull off. Everywhere I read it said shift solenoids are bad. Got them ordered and trying that first. But if I need a new trans will one out of a 99 Tahoe 4x4 work? Both are 4l60E. This is my first goaround with a S10 always had silverados.

if your truck is a 4x4 yes, if your truck is a 2wd then no the 4x4 trans wont work on your truck. Output section of the trans housing is different to accommodate the transfer case.

I'm in agreeance that it sounds like the solenoid will fix your issue but check your trans fluid level too. Might have a leak you didn't notice and could be low

if your truck is a 4x4 yes, if your truck is a 2wd then no the 4x4 trans wont work on your truck. Output section of the trans housing is different to accommodate the transfer case.

I'm in agreeance that it sounds like the solenoid will fix your issue but check your trans fluid level too. Might have a leak you didn't notice and could be low
It's full that's the first thing I checked.

4 doe

Attachments

• Super 10.jpg
    Super 10.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom