• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2003 F-150 with slight misfire at idle

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
2V 5.4L. Not noticeable on the tach, and only notice it if you drive the truck everyday. I changed the spark plugs and one coil. EGR valve, maybe? No check engine light on and it just passed emissions.

Woops, I was thinking 93 like mine haha. Well if it is a coil pack, do a resistance test on the new one you just bought and compare that to the rest of them to see if you have another bad one.

Woops, I was thinking 93 like mine haha. Well if it is a coil pack, do a resistance test on the new one you just bought and compare that to the rest of them to see if you have another bad one.

I did it on all 8. Only 1 was bad, and I replaced it. At this point I can only think egr valve or maybe an injector starting to go bad?

It's hard to troubleshoot something that isn't giving you a fault. If you suspect the egr valve and it's not to expensive I would say change it. If that doesn't fix your problem I wouldn't continue to throw money at it. Either drive it as is until it gives you a code or take it to a shop.
Maybe a f-150 forum? Someone else may have had this problem.

Back
Top Bottom