• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2003 pont gt starting issues

Do you have or have access to one of the higher end scanners, not the junk sold at walmart or autozone?

They interact with the computer and can actuate and test many of the engine systems.

Alternately, do you have or can get one of the bluetooth interface dongles that plug into your OBD2 port? With the app "Torque" you get a vry high end real time diagnostic system for about 10 bucks if you already have a smart phone or tablet.

Impossible to do diagnostics these days without 2 way comms with the computer.

Do you have or have access to one of the higher end scanners, not the junk sold at walmart or autozone?

They interact with the computer and can actuate and test many of the engine systems.

Alternately, do you have or can get one of the bluetooth interface dongles that plug into your OBD2 port? With the app "Torque" you get a vry high end real time diagnostic system for about 10 bucks if you already have a smart phone or tablet.

Impossible to do diagnostics these days without 2 way comms with the computer.
yes i am gonna use one this week to see if it tells me anything.. but im getting close to the tannerite solution lol

my brother bought a reman sbc from the advanced zone a few years ago

1st engine heads leaked right away,pulled it took it back
2nd engine ran good for a couple of weeks then the oil
pressure just fell out of it

there was no third engine

point being just because its "new" doesnt mean its worth an
obama doll

yes i am gonna use one this week to see if it tells me anything.. but im getting close to the tannerite solution lol

Not familiar with that exact setup, but the previous generation spark system was tied into the fuel injection system. I had one that was getting spark, but no fuel injector pulse. Turned out to be the distributor,...WTF?

That was the last of the OBD1, OBD2 is much easier to troubleshoot, if you can get to the computer.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom