2006 F150 Spark Plugs. Done!

Man, thats insane for a spark plug job, I thought working on the back two on an F-Body was bad!! So much for advances in engineering haha.

My neighbor had a problem with his F-150 that have a 4.6, one of his plugs blew out while driving and he had to spend $450.00 for repair for that one plug. Ford should do a recall.

My neighbor had a problem with his F-150 that have a 4.6, one of his plugs blew out while driving and he had to spend $450.00 for repair for that one plug. Ford should do a recall.

I HAD a **** f150. Same thing with mine, blew one spark plug out, replaced the coil pack 3 times and it still would never run right. Found out that once they start blowing the coils it CANNOT be fixed. It is a Ford design problem that they refuse to fix. So I traded it in and got me a brandnew TITAN!!! A much nice truck, I will NEVER EVER buy another Ford again, if you got one DUMP IT!!!

My dad has a 2004 F150 Supercrew with the 5.4, after taking it to the dealership for 3 of the windows falling "all under warranty" and since out of warranty the 4 fell and happened to be a rear, an NOBODY makes parts for it except ford. And as far as the plugs he took it to the dealership here an the guy quoted him $200 labor, but failed to tell him about the broke plug charge so they broke off 6 an he only paid $200 so he got lucky on that one. They also said its easier to do it with the engine at normal operationg temp.

WOW...I think I will keep my '92 Silverado and deal with its little issues. I'd hate to think that I would upgrade my truck 15 or so years and be WORSE off.

I've put one part on the truck other than normal maintenance in the 5 years since I inherited it...and that part cost me $9.53 and about 10-15 minutes to replace it. Granted...the truck had left me stranded a couple of times, but once I found the problem at least it was cheap to replace.

Ford...where Quality is Job #1. Yeah right...:mmph:

Back
Top Bottom