• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

200yrd Rimfire Rifle Match, RBGC, Dawsonville, GA

Well, I'm at my buddy's house to pick him up to take him to this match (which he was looking forward to and we both practiced yesterday out in the woods and he shot better than I did)... but it seems like he has overslept this morning, so I'll be leaving shortly one way or the other.

After yesterday's practice session I decided to tape on a homemade cheek riser consisting of a sponge with a green nylon scouring pad on the outside, to let my cheek have some stability on the stock while my head is behind that scope.

And I used duct tape and packaging tape to attach a block of wood to the back of the stock to give me an extra long length of pull, which I find I need for the prone position but which I absolutely do not want when shooting from the standing position.

I found out yesterday I cannot zero my rifle at 200 yards to be dead on --at least not with the scope it's wearing ( a cheap 4x-12x power W/A.O. by Bushnell.)

I will have to aim at the top target and let my bullets drop 2 feet or more into the bottom target for scoring.

My rifle & scope combo did not do so well.

5C1EF2D8-7F65-4DF3-B54F-BB92A841D605.jpeg

I think we had about 15 shooters, and we spread out over 3 relays. While one "relay" was firing, another was spotting and scoring them, and another relay was working the pits tending the targets.

MikefromPhilly's rifle worked a lot better.
That NightForce scope was am-mazing.
The CZ bolt action is the secret sauce.

GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet ended up shooting 4th place in match 3 with it, just 2 points behind me. An admirable accomplishment since he had very little hands-on time with the rifle before competing with it.

Next match is October. The weather is usually mild but with stronger winds.

PS: GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet , what ammo did you use?

Back
Top Bottom