2010- Stolen Guns, Holly Springs GA

sorry to hear scum got your weapons.
thanks for posting the numbers,the stuff you had was unique enough that hopefully if someone here runs across it they will look up the #'s.
when im not home everything is locked into safes,adt on with video,plus 3 dogs to help determent,love my nosey neighbors to.
we ve had a rash of broad daylight burglary's in my "hood"
salt and pepper duo,stocky black male skinny white guy.
the mugshot pages are a good source for id'ing burglary suspects.

I hope scum is caught also and you get your property back, by the way, out of curiosity were the guns in a safe or how were they stored? Sorry if you already posted the answer to that, I may have missed it.

Not in the safe, They where out in my basement being cleaned as I had shot them the day before. I do have a safe and besides the guns around the house for protection they are all in the safe. I have actually finished the basement completely since then and added an extra door/lock before you can get in the room.

I know I should have kept them in the safe, But I guess I never thought it could happen to me, But it did.

This still hits me hard. I HATE people who steal. I know it has to hurt that they stole the colt you and your father build together. No amount of money can replace that. I hope they catch the SOBs that did this.

Yes, I know. The only two things we had Rusty Kidd do was the Bomar sites and flare the ejecting port, Everything else we did. Trigger job, Proper fitting of all parts including the amb safety and so on ans so on.......

i974.photobucket.com_albums_ae227_WilliamAWright_DadWColt.jpg

That is a picture of him, taken in 2008 of him and the gun.

He passed away in May of last yr.

And just cause I always feel better after looking at myself, Heres a pic of me that same day.LOL, I really posted it for better pic of the gun.

i974.photobucket.com_albums_ae227_WilliamAWright_Colt.jpg

And if you look at the bottom of the picture, You can note the Colt Single lone conversion Kit that was taken with the firearm as well.

Thanks again,

Last edited:
Just last night, I zipped into my driveway after work, and my wife left the garage door open. Although my neighborhood is pretty safe, and the guy 2 doors up from me is FBI, an open garage door is way too tempting for people.

Sorry about your loss of Both your Dad, and the weapons. I hope that the crooks that did this slip up and get caught, and that your weapons are eventually found and returned. My Dads store was burglarized a couple of times and he was lucky that some of his were found and returned. He had an Armilite Ar-180 that got stolen twice. The first time, it was gone for 6 years before he got it back. He had it for 7 months and then Stolen the second time. Never got it back. I'm still hopefull that it will turn up one day. Possibly in time yours will be found and returned. For everyones information.

Stolen
Armalite AR-180, .223 caliber, Ser.# S11326

Last edited:
Sorry this happened man. Its amazing how dumb people are sometimes. The fact that they were willing to put their life on the line to steal a few guns is beyond my comprehension. They are worth WAY more to you than what they can get for them in cash.

Where were those pics taken? A range around here? I am looking for a place like that to shoot.

so you usually keep them in the safe and just left them out after cleaning? I am guilty of this all the time. Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

When you take weapons out of your house... do you do it discretely? as is load them into your car in the garage or just haul them out and load them in plain sight in the driveway?

A lot of break ins in my area seem to be neighbors that do not have jobs and just watch the people around them. They see guy in house X down the street goes to the range and loads up his car with guns in the driveway.. watch him a week or two to learn his schedule and then hit the house.

Fortunately in my neighborhood, I have a ton of nosey retired people that are constantly sitting on the front porch or walking dogs.

I have done both load in the garage and load in the open. I know all my neighbors personally though, and they all work.

I had not cleaned them yet, as when i go shooting its usually with family and its a long day, So i usually clean the guys slowly in the next day or two following putting them into the safe as they are cleaned/oiled.

Back
Top Bottom