• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2015 Chevy Silverado transmission problems?

I've got a 15 Silverado Z71 with 65k miles on it. The transmission is a little weird on these things, but I believe it has more to do with how they're setup vs. learning your driving habits. I drive a lot for work, over 50K per year, and I've been driving GM products for the past 10 years... I've never had a minute of trouble and I typically keep them well past 200K. Ford guys can say what they want, but I've heard plenty of bad stuff about the Ecoboost too.
I guess the only thing that makes me feel better about it is that there hasn't been any serious problems stemming from the transmission being weird. Other than it just feeling and driving funny. It's just a little frustrating knowing I paid this much money for something to have a transmission this sloppy. But I guess everything has its flaws

Fwiw, my boss gets a company provided vehicle to drive. It's a Chevy traverse. 2014 or 15. On its 3rd tranny in 60k miles. Good luck. I will never buy a GM product. Never hear good things.

I've driven some crap in my lifetime..the only vehicle I've had to replace a transmission in was a 2010 f150 super crew lariat. The pos had 120K miles on it and had to have the whole tranny replaced. I asked the transmission guy and he said all fords had to have it done between 125-150k. All the ford guys get on here and spew this nonsense about ford being better than Chevy..I can say this I drove a Chevy Tahoe that currently has over 400K miles with the same engine and transmission. It's a 2002 model. I'll never own another ford if I can help it..

Sounds more like a computer programming problem that is making the transmission to jump up down and all over again.

Who ever thought we needed a blame computer on autos/trucks has and had their head up their lower cheeks...

Back
Top Bottom