• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2015 Chevy Silverado transmission problems?

I got rid of a 2012 and 2014 because of that very reason op.Transmission seemed like it was cramming itselfs into the gears especially down shifting,all that herking and jerking.Bought a 2500 HD and never looked back.

Tow capacity means diddly. It is still a light duty truck. I have driven road tractors, and a 3/4 ton is nowhere near as harsh as a road tractor.

The Tundra is aimed at the SUV/soccer mom drivers, that is why it is lightly sprung and has a soft ride.

With air bag springs in addition to the leafs available
Why would any company design a pickup that rides so rough as a chevy2500 ?

It rides rougher than my 76 Chevy K-10 with a 4" lift

Employee buys the 2500 because the qualify for some extra big tax deductions and they are exempt from the GA emission test

They send a lot of em all over the country for months or years
And if it's half ton it MUST come back to GA and get tested every year in a 30 day window, there is no exception for vehicles out of state for extended periods or any way to have a emission test done in whatever state the vehicle is in and have the results emailed to GA
The vehicle must be tested IN Georgia

Anyhoo. I've driven both for several years each and the tundra is far superior to any other pickup in my opinion
More power , used less gas making more power , better ride , way way better transmission , and lots of other features that the other companies don't offer

In a few years the tundra will probably be the only pickup with a real V-8
Since Toyota doesn't sell very many of them , compared for the amount of high mpg small cars , like the Prius , the MPG of the tundras don't affect their CAFE averages.
And the weird part is the tundra gets better mpg than any over pickup
Mine had the bucket seats and console with the shifter on the console and it had a feature where when it's in drive,you mean the shifter to the left and it will keep it from Going higher than 4th gear ,which is great for city driving .

It just drives me crazy when the Trans shifts into the highest gear going uphill at 25 mph so it will get 1/25'th of a mile per gallon better on the EPA test

Great for GM, but it sucks balz for those of us who actually drive the thing

Sometimes it's the little stuff
I have an expedition, the hood release is directly adjacent to and exactly identical to the parking brake release

THats pure genius
Only a big 3 UAW engineer in Detroit could think of something like that
I no longer use the parking brake cause I get tired of having to stop and get out and latch the hood every time I thought I released the parking brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 25k on my '15 ford work truck. The rear end clunked from day one on a slow rolling start.
The trans can't stay in the right gear so I'm normally in the sport mode.(since It revs high on downshifts anyway)
18.8mpg
The worst thing is the stupid digital speedometer that says "press ok for kmph" all day every day.
I couldn't see spending the money on a new one.

I have 25k on my '15 ford work truck. The rear end clunked from day one on a slow rolling start.
The trans can't stay in the right gear so I'm normally in the sport mode.(since It revs high on downshifts anyway)
18.8mpg
The worst thing is the stupid digital speedometer that says "press ok for kmph" all day every day.
I couldn't see spending the money on a new one.
My 2015 is the same and I only get 15.7 mpg. I hate the new transmissions. I drove a new Chevy and a new Tundra and they both had similar issues. The Ford had a couple thousand miles before it started. Forget trying to get the dealer to fix it. I already had them replace the controller, no help. I'm seriously considering building up an older truck.

The 2016's are no better. I hate my truck, never again will I buy another, kind of on the fence of letting it get repoed or not, why should I have to take this 38K ****ing?
The 6 speed transmission sucks ass. It's jerky, I feel a lot of vibration in the gas pedal, it acts like a cry baby when I tow anything, kind of ridiculous really. how did this truck make it production?
I will say though, the z71 dose not have those issues that I am aware of. I friend of mine bought a 2017 Z71 and he dose not have any issues at all. The rear end for mine is the 3.08 his 3.42 I believe, im sure that has a lot to do with it.
I have a cutlass project that I am working on now, all said and done it will basically be a new car which got me thinking, the next time I am thinking of a new truck , I will probably restore an older one with all new parts for a lot less than what I paid for this one with a hell of a lot more ballz.

Back
Top Bottom