• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2015 Chevy Silverado transmission problems?

brandonpressley

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
36   0
Reaction score
ive recently bought a 2015 Chevy, it currently has 5600 miles on it. The transmission has just recently started acting funny. It's constantly searching for a gear, especially when towing something. Shifts extremely hard, and sometimes the throttle response is awful, I'll have to completely take my foot off the gas and then accelerate again. My local dealer says the transmission is "learning my driving habits" and they have received many many complaints saying the same thing. The service tech I talked to literally said and I quote "we are aware of the problem but until gm realizes that there is a problem there's nothing we can do about it". He said until about 15,000 miles the truck will continue to do that until it learns my driving habits. But based from what I read online it does not get any better. Does anyone else have this problem?

If the transmission sucks this bad now, just imagine how bad it's going to suck when it's not covered under the factory warranty anymore. If it was my truck they would replace the transmission or issue a full refund. Georgia law allows up to $15,000 in small claims court, sue the dealership for $15,000 and GM for $15,000, force them to take the truck back and do the smart thing... buy a Toyota.

here's your solution!
upload_2016-12-15_17-51-12.png

If the transmission sucks this bad now, just imagine how bad it's going to suck when it's not covered under the factory warranty anymore. If it was my truck they would replace the transmission or issue a full refund. Georgia law allows up to $15,000 in small claims court, sue the dealership for $15,000 and GM for $15,000, force them to take the truck back and do the smart thing... buy a Toyota.
Many people have said they had the dealership replace the transmission but it didn't help. Basically the whole thing has a defect and there isn't a solution to fix it. I'm gonna take it in and have it looked at. I've read some cases of some guys filing the lemon law, I may go that route I will have to see. And as far as the warranty, luckily I have it covered for 5 years/75,000 miles. I plan to have it gone by then

ive recently bought a 2015 Chevy, it currently has 5600 miles on it. The transmission has just recently started acting funny. It's constantly searching for a gear, especially when towing something. Shifts extremely hard, and sometimes the throttle response is awful, I'll have to completely take my foot off the gas and then accelerate again. My local dealer says the transmission is "learning my driving habits" and they have received many many complaints saying the same thing. The service tech I talked to literally said and I quote "we are aware of the problem but until gm realizes that there is a problem there's nothing we can do about it". He said until about 15,000 miles the truck will continue to do that until it learns my driving habits. But based from what I read online it does not get any better. Does anyone else have this problem?
I've got a 15 Silverado Z71 with 65k miles on it. The transmission is a little weird on these things, but I believe it has more to do with how they're setup vs. learning your driving habits. I drive a lot for work, over 50K per year, and I've been driving GM products for the past 10 years... I've never had a minute of trouble and I typically keep them well past 200K. Ford guys can say what they want, but I've heard plenty of bad stuff about the Ecoboost too.

Many people have said they had the dealership replace the transmission but it didn't help. Basically the whole thing has a defect and there isn't a solution to fix it. I'm gonna take it in and have it looked at. I've read some cases of some guys filing the lemon law, I may go that route I will have to see. And as far as the warranty, luckily I have it covered for 5 years/75,000 miles. I plan to have it gone by then
Your powertrain is covered to 100k by the factory warranty

Lemon Law doesn't apply to used vehicles. My 2015 does the same thing. It's clunky as hell and feels like it gets hung up in 4 cylinder mode. I mention it every time I go for an oil change and they say nothing is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom