• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2015 Chevy Silverado transmission problems?

https://www.carid.com/transmission-controllers.html

You might research aftermarket transmission controllers. It sounds like your problem is with the standard calibration of the tranny computer. If it is doing what GM programmed it to do, there is nothing your dealership can do, as there is nothing malfunctioning as far as the factory is concerned.

Sounds more like a computer programming problem that is making the transmission to jump up down and all over again.

Who ever thought we needed a blame computer on autos/trucks has and had their head up their lower cheeks...

Ive got 450,000 on my 05 Duramax with Allison tranny.....however found out today(thanks @coach482) that the power window switch yes switch has to be PROGRAMMED by a service department

Ive got 450,000 on my 05 Duramax with Allison tranny.....however found out today(thanks @coach482) that the power window switch yes switch has to be PROGRAMMED by a service department

NEGATIVE

you can do yourself very easy

You install switch , and then go to each window and hold up and wait couple secs then down couple secs all windows and bam programed

I do this daily at work

My daughter bought a 2015 Ford Focus new against my better judgement. This was her first car she was so proud because it had all the bells and whistles The transmission never seem to shift right it shuttered in every gear we took it back to ford four different occasions they would do nothing about it. She ended up trading the car in. I think the car had under 14000 Miles when she got rid of it can't stand for Fords.

My GMC has 260k and drives like it's new. I wouldn't piss on a Ford. Don't want to waste it.

At my new job I got issued a 07 chebby 2500 with 170K on the clock
Former employer had me in a 2012 Tundra

Night and day
The chebby actually rides rougher than my old 18 wheeler, engine has no power, the entire truck squeaks and rattles and the transmission is constantly hunting gears and the instant you back off the gas while driving In city traffic it goes directly to 6th gear, even at 20 mph up a hill , and it will NOT shift out of 6th unless you slam the pedal to the floor , then it skips to 4th or 3rd

It's a total, total, POS compared to a Tundra

Test drive a tundra crewmax with the 400 HP 5.7 engine .

It's what ford Chevy and dodge wish their trucks could be, it rides smooth as any passenger car , has more power than you could want , gets 4 mpg better than a Chevy , the back door is 48 inches long , making more room in the back seat than in the front seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter bought a 2015 Ford Focus new against my better judgement. This was her first car she was so proud because it had all the bells and whistles The transmission never seem to shift right it shuttered in every gear we took it back to ford four different occasions they would do nothing about it. She ended up trading the car in. I think the car had under 14000 Miles when she got rid of it can't stand for Fords.
there is a lone pressure update and cvvt trans this is normal

ive recently bought a 2015 Chevy, it currently has 5600 miles on it. The transmission has just recently started acting funny. It's constantly searching for a gear, especially when towing something. Shifts extremely hard, and sometimes the throttle response is awful, I'll have to completely take my foot off the gas and then accelerate again. My local dealer says the transmission is "learning my driving habits" and they have received many many complaints saying the same thing. The service tech I talked to literally said and I quote "we are aware of the problem but until gm realizes that there is a problem there's nothing we can do about it". He said until about 15,000 miles the truck will continue to do that until it learns my driving habits. But based from what I read online it does not get any better. Does anyone else have this problem?
Had a 15 Colorado , tranny so bad I traded it for a 16. No more problems. Don't believe the "learning" BS.

Back
Top Bottom