• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
The delete will cost you the 10% you are trying to save. Now the big 3 makers of diesels have them locked down you have to send your computers off to get flashed and reprogrammed to even start the delete process. Then purchase the correct components to finish the delete and reprogram of the computer. I have seen anywhere from 5k-8k to completely delete a new one. You are better off to find a early 6.7 diesel and delete it. These are 1,000,000 mile motors if taken care of, cant speak on the new 10speed trannys they do a lot of shifting so i dont see them lasting long.
I am probably going to order a 7.3 gasser in a 350SRW should fit my needs from now on and save on maintenance/parts in the long run. The only thing in the long run that scares me is the 10speed not lasting that long
Count on the fuel system taking a dump and spending $8k a couple times across the life span on a 6.7. Man those things needed some extra design work.

I have to buy new for tax purposes for my business. I’ve got a 16 ram cummins now I’m keeping, might look at a ram. I know one of the mechanics at Lockheed and he said stay far away from General Motors and look at ford 10 speed and 6.7?
10 speed is a joint venture between Ford and GM. If you see either of their suv/truck/ some sports cars with a 10 speed they are the same transmission.

Maybe too much Hp and torque? There always trying to out due each other every year now
Maybe just a s*** design. Pump is lubed by the diesel it pumps. If the pump goes out it sends metal shards straight into everything. Replace it all...pump, lines, injectors, LABOR $$$.

Honestly- ever since Obama killed these trucks with epa restrictions on the emissions I’m not sure what’s good or will last anymore unless you delete.. but they’re all made so quick and with people not wanting to work lol how do you delete a new truck and gamble the warranty
I had a 17 ram 3500 and I deleted it. it was about 2200 and I did the work. it took me about 4 hours by myself. It was the best thing I did for the truck. It was like day and night afterwards. It had 39000 miles on it when I deleted it. The 2022 is taking longer to get the delete. Programmers are working non stop to break code on the trucks. I'm waiting eagerly for it!

Instead of paying the feds so much in taxes you find a vehicle 6k lbs or more for your business and it’s a write off in 1 year or over several years. George Bush put it into effect when he was President to grow the economy

Yes. Yes. I have to buy 2 F-450 cab and chassis for the ranch every 2 years for depreciation, tax write off and a few other things to keep from giving it all to Uncle Sam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom