• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Toyota Land Cruiser First Look - starts in the mid-$50,000 range

In case some don’t follow car news at all, damn near everything is going to go hybrid before long. Other cars are getting shrunken turbo engines in the meantime. If you want a naturally aspirated gas burner, buy one soon that you think will last a long, long time because they’re going away.

Toyota put out this little snipped about fuel mileage. If true, 27 MPG combined would be nice and give good range. If you are able to eventually buy one for MSRP you will be able to get one with a price that starts with 5.

screenshot-2023-08-01-at-8-36-10-pm-png.900691
that's the same platform as the 2024 Tacoma so hopefully we'll see similar results there.

In case some don’t follow car news at all, damn near everything is going to go hybrid before long. Other cars are getting shrunken turbo engines in the meantime. If you want a naturally aspirated gas burner, buy one soon that you think will last a long, long time because they’re going away.
Sad but apparently true.

That is true, one of the reasons I am entertaining picking up a 5th Gen 4 runner and a low mileage 2nd gen tundra over the next few years.

Reactions: GFB
That is true, one of the reasons I am entertaining picking up a 5th Gen 4 runner and a low mileage 2nd gen tundra over the next few years.
I am going to keep my Tacoma forever. Will probably buy a used ES350 in a year or two. If I were in a little different boat, I would absolutely be looking for a 4Runner. They’re going to hold their value and last forever.

I consider that a bit pricey. I know the Land Cruiser name has been an expensive vehicle. I'm looking at it for what it is
Considering the other vehicles it competes with, its not too bad, the prices are definitely better than the last time they sold a Land Cruiser here...lol.....I am guessing they will sell more than 3500 a year though this time around.

Considering the other vehicles it competes with, its not too bad, the prices are definitely better than the last time they sold a Land Cruiser here...lol.....I am guessing they will sell more than 3500 a year though this time around.
It's been said before. My old vehicles are paid for and I'm going to drive them as long as I can. I paid $78k for my house and I don't entertain spending that much for a car. It might be generational, but that's the way it is.....

I just can't hop on board with 4 cylinders topped off with a bunch of turbo chargers....I just wonder about engine life, not to mention replacing turbos....I say turbo's with an "S" I know there is only 1 here, BUT I was reading about a chevy that has 2 of them....that's 2 too many

Back
Top Bottom