• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Toyota Land Cruiser First Look - starts in the mid-$50,000 range

Only when I happen by the mall or Starbucks...
Okay....? Ford and Jeep still make lots of money off of them, no matter where the owner goes. I doubt they care.

There will be Tundras, Tacomas and 4Runners at Starbucks too and for each one Toyota made a sale and a profit.

A focused off-roader with lots of factory options and dealer add-on accessories is a high margin vehicle.

No thanks I’ll keep my old one
IMG_1466.jpeg

nope....AND it won't now, however they are being forced by CAFE....so the user is going to get the ball busting maintenance bill, after warranty, of course...a twin turbo for a 4 cylinder....that will probably turn off at red lights(engine, which will pump no oil to cool the turbo)......effectively cooking the turbo....nope no turbo's for me thank you...
I got a convertible mustang once as a rental to take down to florida and it had the eco boost which I wasnt crazy about when I picked it up. I have to say I was very impressed with how fun the car was to drive. Very responsive,great on gas and would run with the big dogs on the interstate. Do I want to own one? No. The car I had was under 10k miles and I could only imagine the issues once she got some age and miles on her. $$$$$

It depends on how the turbo is made. I probably wouldn't be a fan of a gas engine turbo. But on a diesel, that's a different story. I have two diesel tubos and I like both of them
Well....there are only 2 ways to cool a turbo....water, or oil....not sure about why you would think a diesel turbo would be superior to a gas turbo, unless your are talking about the engine, then, I would have to agree...if these engines shut down while stopped at lights, then, NO fluid is going to run through the turbo to cool it, while sitting there...yes, it's not running at the time either, however it was just running, and being heated by the exhaust which was just driving it...Mack engines require three minuets of idle run time prior to engine shutdown, to cool the turbo....I only speak of Mack trucks as that is what we used in our business in the 70's & 80's

I got a convertible mustang once as a rental to take down to florida and it had the eco boost which I wasnt crazy about when I picked it up. I have to say I was very impressed with how fun the car was to drive. Very responsive,great on gas and would run with the big dogs on the interstate. Do I want to own one? No. The car I had was under 10k miles and I could only imagine the issues once she got some age and miles on her. $$$$$
I understand the feeling, I get feel the same way every time I have to drive a Ford as well.

Well…. Look at the Wrangler trend..lifted and squatting, decaled and LED’D to hell and back and ducked out…south Atlanta style
Yeah, that trend is getting close to Land Rover and Challenger/Chargering the Wrangler.....Guess it was bound to happen. Its a good thing Toyotas are so boring lol

Back
Top Bottom