• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

22-250......

Deaken

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
So I got one for my birthday and I'm going to shoot it tomorrow..... Who's had experience with them and whats your thoughts????? Thanks

better than 4000 fps, flat shooting... whats not to love. I have a Ruger No 1 chambered 22-250 and I love it, used it out West on Prairie dogs. 500 yard shots no problems not much use for me in Dahlonega though

I picked up a Savage Model 110 in .22-250 last week. It's got a black synthetic stock and a matte black finish. I just sighted it in on Wednesday at 1" high at 100 yards.. I wound up with three bullets in a cluster on 150 yard target. Then on Friday morning I used my electronic predatory call and quiver critter to bring in six coyotes. Only three left after the shooting ended. Two out of the three had 6 inch diameter holes through their chests @ 75 yards. The last one just didn't have a head any more.

I was shooting Hornady's Custom 60 grain soft point loads. They are listed at 3600 fps. I liked their performance on game. The coyotes did not! :fear::rip: In my opinion, the .22-250 works great!!! ME LIKE!!

Last edited:
22-250 is a great round, even better if you can reload. I have a Ruger and a Remington and both will shoot one hole groups at 100 yards on a good day. Both of these guns prefer 50-52 hp bullets for accuracy. Most rifles will have a slow twist rate so the lighter bullets are a must in order to get them stabilized. I wish someone would make a 1-7 or 1-8 twist rifle so we could use some of the heavier bullets available. Enjoy the new gun !!!

Back
Top Bottom