• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolt 22LR Poll (What do I buy)

My best friend bought a 750 dollar Ruger bolt action, wooden stock with stainless steel. It was 22 mag also. You could shoot that gun 10 times and it might have hit the bullseye twice. What a let down that was. I was expecting a lot better performance for the bread he laid out.
The american line has some issues no doubt.

I was amazed at some of the rigs these guys shoot in competition. I saw some rimfire rifles that had thousands of dollars in them at Riverbend Gun club. Those guys were out there religiously practicing. There's nothing worse than those rimfire shooters because they think they own the range and if you have a gun that makes noise they get pissed off. I tried to stay at the complete opposite end of the benches they were at. I was shooting a 6.8 SPC out there one day that had side ports on it so it was fairly loud. One of those guys laid into me and said " read the manual fool ". I had to turn to the page where it said that all the rapid fire is generally not preferred we do like our shooters to remain competitive. It went on to say that you had to be sitting with the sling around the arm in the sitting position are in the prone position. That guy got really sore with me after I showed him that page in the manual. It was like the rule didn't apply to him.

I was amazed at some of the rigs these guys shoot in competition. I saw some rimfire rifles that had thousands of dollars in them at Riverbend Gun club. Those guys were out there religiously practicing. There's nothing worse than those rimfire shooters because they think they own the range and if you have a gun that makes noise they get pissed off. I tried to stay at the complete opposite end of the benches they were at. I was shooting a 6.8 SPC out there one day that had side ports on it so it was fairly loud. One of those guys laid into me and said " read the manual fool ". I had to turn to the page where it said that all the rapid fire is generally not preferred we do like our shooters to remain competitive. It went on to say that you had to be sitting with the sling around the arm in the sitting position are in the prone position. That guy got really sore with me after I showed him that page in the manual. It was like the rule didn't apply to him.
I have to stay away from any place where operators gather, I don't play well with others and like to call people out on their bull****, feelings usually get hurt.

What makes someone an "operator?"
The pencil skirt...obviously.
1712685331973.png

What makes someone an "operator?"
The constant need to tell you what you are doing wrong, how their equipment is so much better than yours, and why your "cheap" equipment is trash and not worthy of being in their presence. Typically they will have perfectly groomed beards, fancy hard part hair cuts, wear 9 line or similar shirts, expensive jeans and boots and their firearms are typically cover guns for major magazines.

Back
Top Bottom