• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22/45 Reassembly After Cleaning

Just to add: Ruger has the worst fit of any new American made firearm. It is like they just jam them together and sell them. Over the years I have bought 8 new rugers, every last one was like that, even got a full auto Mini14 due to a huge buger hanging on the bolt face.

It sounds like a bur on what you are calling the release. It is camming as it goes into place instead of going straight in and pulling down on the bolt pin.

A black sharpie and a few trial fits should show you where the problem is.
My buddy, Jack Daniel's and I are about to give it another try, wish me luck.

Enjoy your jack, gonna sound funny but point the muzzle down and shake it violently, sometimes it just falls together, works with mine.

I do a forward roll with mine. It rarely fails to do right the first time. Your way sounds kin to mine.

Does anyone have one they are willing to brake down and send a picture of the dowel that goes up in the bolt ? When I took it apart the pin securing the dowel that goes up in the bolt fell out. I pulled the skemetics and am pretty sure I have it right.

This should not be this difficult.

20170810_172540.jpg
Is this assembled correctly?

Enjoy your jack, gonna sound funny but point the muzzle down and shake it violently, sometimes it just falls together, works with mine.

Yep, almost lost my **** the first time i cleaned mine. After an hour of watching videos and trying to force it together I got the right angle and a little shake it and fell right into place with no effort.

Back
Top Bottom