.22 ammo for self defense

I've done my research on this a few years ago and it came down to the CCI Mini Mags out of a pistol barrel - Ruger SR22, approx 3.5" bbl

The higher velocity of the Stingers didn't penetrate enough because it mushroomed too soon.

The Mini Mags penetrated much further and mushroomed properly.

I've done my research on this a few years ago and it came down to the CCI Mini Mags out of a pistol barrel - Ruger SR22, approx 3.5" bbl

The higher velocity of the Stingers didn't penetrate enough because it mushroomed too soon.

The Mini Mags penetrated much further and mushroomed properly.
How did you come to this conclusion? Not looking for an argument just data.

Just use whatever you feel you can, .22 or not. More often than not, it’s the presentation not the caliber that stops the situation. All stories about someone still living with 10 rounds of .22/9mm/45acp in them are all anecdotal anyway.

I have a buddy that survived a terrible wreck only because he was NOT wearing a seatbelt...he’d be the first to tell you to wear your damn seatbelt because his incident was just dumb luck and statistics don’t support arguments against seatbelts.

Get yourself a PMR 30 if you can... 30 rounds of 22 magnum is no joke and the gun is light and very shootable, plus they are reasonably priced now that supply has caught up with demand.

That being said, if someone does break in while you are still convalescing, I think the adrenaline will more than make up for any physical pain if you simply use your regular carry gun.

This. PMR-30 for the win.

8E3411C5-FF05-402F-9E7B-1FAFFA21C23B.jpeg
Here's the main data point I could find when doing my research. Hope it helps.
According to his video he didn’t test Stingers at all. I think you’re confusing the performance of the Quik Shok Segmented 32 grain ammo with the Stinger. The Stinger is a 32 grain hyper velocity plated hollow point.

This video is a bit more accurate on the performance of a Stinger out of a short barreled pistol.

https://www.guns.com/news/review/22-lr-for-defense-ballistic-gel-test-video

Back
Top Bottom