• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

223 brass shortage?

detox

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
I am looking for some Remington 223 brass or maybe some Winchester brass. Has anyone started seeing these pop up on the shelves. Maybe gun shows have these. Anyone know where i can purchase 1000rds?

Assuming you're looking for new brass? Funny thing, inventory for tax time at the first of the year causes wholesale distributors empty their warehouse's right as the Christmas buying season begins.

Election results only aggravated it this time. I'm on every email list I can get on. Get a hotmail account for them. Cabelas shows low stock on some now, but I'd call to make sure it's actually on hand. The computer sometimes doesn't show real time inventory.

Powder Valley shows a lot size of 2K Winchester being in stock.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

I am looking for new Remington or Winchester that are the same lot. Not mixed lots. I remenber back around 1995 when Bill Clinton got elected there was a big .223 brass and primer shortage also.

Thanks for your help.

I am looking for new Remington or Winchester that are the same lot. Not mixed lots. I remenber back around 1995 when Bill Clinton got elected there was a big .223 brass and primer shortage also.

Thanks for your help.

OH .... yeah I am of no help .. all my stuff is once fired ....

You must be one of them benchresters

I check case wall thickness of all my brass before reloading. Dirty once fired brass is hard to spin on my NECO concentricity gauge so I use only new brass. Only the most concentric brass (-.002) is used for for reloading and bench shooting. The most out of round cases are disguarded or used for blasting. Winchester seems to be most concentric...from my testing about 20% of 1000 are culled and sold (beware of this)

BTW... I found 1000 rds in my inventory.

Anyone have any experience with .223 brass from The Brass Exchange? I just ordered 1000 (on back order). I guess I'm wondering how many of the 1000 will actually be usable? Any input is welcome.

Thanks, Jeff

Back
Top Bottom