• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22LR conversion range report.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I have messed with dedicated 22lr 1911 platforms and have never been pleased with the results. I have also used several 22lr handguns for high volume practice, but they are just not the same as a 1911 so the value is limited. After doing a lot of research on conversion kits I had narrowed the choice down to either the Kimber or Wilson Combat. Last week I found a Kimber conversion kit at Adventure Outdoors for a surprisingly good price and snapped it up.

I have just gotten back from the first time I have fired this weapon......and I am VERY pleased. The fit is perfect, it is very accurate and, most importantly, this thing eats almost anything. I started out shooting hyper velocity and worked my way down in muzzle velocity. The only thing it will not cycle reliably is the CCI subsonic, but it WILL cycle the Aguila 60 grain subsonic. That's right, a 1911 / 22 conversion that reliably shoots a subsonic! :D

That means I now have a 10/22 (sub 0.5 MOA), a dedicated 22 AR platform (S&W AR 15/22) and a 1911 22, all of which will reliably cycle subsonic 22lr.

It's time to finally get a suppressor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom