• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr host and suppressor

Thanks for all your comments! After researching, and thanks to everyone - I bought a Sig P322 and a Dead Air Mask. Now the waiting game begins on my unjustified required blessing from the atf (aka $200 stamp) Pisses me right off, but I knew that going in. Total bs

the 322 should be good and you'll like the Mask. I have always recommended 22lr cans that can be cleaned in a stainless pin tumbler. Pretty sure that rules out most aluminum cans. With my mask, just drop the baffles in the tumbler for an hour or two and they come out looking pretty clean. 22lr cans get very dirty.

I just picked up an FN502 for a host. I've got a Mark II with TacSol upper and a few 22lr rifles that I use the Mask on. With CCI quiets on a bolt gun it's pellet gun quiet. The pistols with CCI Standard Velocity is pretty quiet, and most barrels under 4.5" will keep bulk ammo subsonic (Federal AutoMatch is my go to for bulk stuff).

the 322 should be good and you'll like the Mask. I have always recommended 22lr cans that can be cleaned in a stainless pin tumbler. Pretty sure that rules out most aluminum cans. With my mask, just drop the baffles in the tumbler for an hour or two and they come out looking pretty clean. 22lr cans get very dirty.

I just picked up an FN502 for a host. I've got a Mark II with TacSol upper and a few 22lr rifles that I use the Mask on. With CCI quiets on a bolt gun it's pellet gun quiet. The pistols with CCI Standard Velocity is pretty quiet, and most barrels under 4.5" will keep bulk ammo subsonic (Federal AutoMatch is my go to for bulk stuff).
Thanks. From your recommendation- I just picked up a box of 325 rounds Federal Automatch for $8.00 with a promo offer.

Another vote for MK IV 22/45 + DA Mask HD combo. I'm in the neighborhood of 4k rounds through mine at this point and it has performed flawlessly. CCI MiniMag 36gr CPHP have plenty of punch to cycle reliably and they stay subsonic out of this platform. CCI SV run awesome when pistol is clean, but lack the oomph to cycle reliably once it starts to get cruddy.

The Savage Mark II FV-SR is another phenomenal host for the Mask. That was my first host after getting my Mask home and with the right ammo you just hear the thwack of the firing pin. That's still my dad's go-to host for his Mask.

I've also got ~3k rounds through a handful of 10/22 platforms with my Mask attached and they do quite well. Currently running a 10/22 Takedown (Model # 21133) and it is doing great. Minimal POI shift between suppressed and unsuppressed, and the OD of the barrel is very close to the OD of the Mask, so it blends in very nicely when mounted.

20180401_175809.jpg

I had a 44 for a while it ran great but i ran into some issues while suppressed using my usual cci standard velocity, aguila super extra,and federal automatch.i would check out the taurus tx 22 competition. I refuse to own anything taurus but this one has an amazing trigger and super reliable. Its the only one that has more than 10 round mags too it has 16 and they sell base plates for more. As far as the cans i have shot all the major ones and i like the mask the best so your on the right track there.

Back
Top Bottom