• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr indoor benchrest

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in getting ARA indoor benchrest started at Appalachian Gun and Pawn in Jasper? I was up there and put a bug in their ear about it. I don’t care if they are sanctioned matches. Not looking to accumulate points. I just want to shoot and hangout.
I plan to shoot some small bore f-class and maybe bench at Riverbend in the spring when they start back up. I will definitely take this for the next 200 yard rimfire match.
E0455DC3-034F-4D48-9764-62A7628F960C.jpegMatches are 25 shots in 20 min.
6F59A14D-6909-4E0A-A5C8-E4D403A7D39A.jpegThis is what I have put together. Remington 513T Sightron 36x scope and F-class bipod. This has a 6 1/2 lb trigger and still shot well. Targets all shot at 50 yards bipod and rear bag. Groups are 5 rounds.
94566C2F-179E-489D-A673-367935D11A7B.jpeg5892C539-99D0-40B1-AABB-38DF2307EF35.jpegC400DC56-64CA-4115-8532-A0017FB9B16A.jpegThis last picture was shot one round each target with SK Standard Plus.

I get together with a few folks and we do something like this. We have a 20MM dummy rnd glued to a base as a trophy and we shoot the "Battleship" targets at 100 yrds. We draw numbers to which two shooters shoot 1st, 2nd and so on and run the bracket. The winner gets to keep the trophy until we get through the next bracket competition.

I'd be in for something like this as long as it didn't get too serious. For us, It's about shooting with friends and talking crap.

I get together with a few folks and we do something like this. We have a 20MM dummy rnd glued to a base as a trophy and we shoot the "Battleship" targets at 100 yrds. We draw numbers to which two shooters shoot 1st, 2nd and so on and run the bracket. The winner gets to keep the trophy until we get through the next bracket competition.

I'd be in for something like this as long as it didn't get too serious. For us, It's about shooting with friends and talking crap.
I love it! Need a picture of the trophy.

I love it! Need a picture of the trophy.
Unfortunately, I am not currently the holder of the trophy, but it'll be home soon enough. The last match before it gets too cold and too hot are the best time to win the bragging rights. That winner gets to "Oh yea, who has the trophy" for way longer than necessary.

I'll see if I can stand the conversation long enough get a pic text to me so I can post it. It's not a cool thing or anything, I simply glued a dummy 20mm to an oak 1X6. You know how a bunch of dudes are, invent a trophy and we all want it.

Unfortunately, I am not currently the holder of the trophy, but it'll be home soon enough. The last match before it gets too cold and too hot are the best time to win the bragging rights. That winner gets to "Oh yea, who has the trophy" for way longer than necessary.

I'll see if I can stand the conversation long enough get a pic text to me so I can post it. It's not a cool thing or anything, I simply glued a dummy 20mm to an oak 1X6. You know how a bunch of dudes are, invent a trophy and we all want it.
Bragging rights are the best way to keep it fun. If you want to do a raffle then that’s cool.

Back
Top Bottom