• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

25 years of Glock perfection!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEM IMO is still double action because the pull of the trigger still forces the hammer back before releasing it to fire. it is assisted DA but there are two actions happening, and a second trigger pull without racking the slide will still fire the gun (unlike a glock)

No I wasn't. Again, pay attention to the specifics.
I was questioning the the Glock's trigger action (IMO, it's a DA) and what it would best described as.
Simple enough?

Read your own posts.
Well if you have no experience with the PPS, then you should definitely stay away from the PPQ since the trigger is impossibly better. Pure Glock blasphemy. Legen ****in dary for a factory DAO

Technically, it is a DAO, and so are Glocks regardless of "preload" or travel

Is that so?
So you're stating that without racking the slide back on your Glock, you insert a loaded mag and it chambers automatically?

....chambered and ready to fire, right?

To me, a constant trigger (regardless of slide position, hammer or striker fired) constitutes SA. Meaning "fires every time"
Since Glocks, PPS and PPQ do NOT operate this way, I consider them to be DAO.
I'm wrong according to some technicalities, and right according to others.
Regardless, I prefer hammer fired SA/DA.

Call it what you will; safe action, preloaded striker, whatever, it's clear that the trigger does not automatically reset which means it's NOT SA.
Yes, that does make their triggers crappy as someone else stated.

Glock: a triple modified double action with cheese.

Well then let's not count the manual movements required to load the next round and there won't be any more arguments about it.

Really? So how do those rounds end up chambered.....instead of racking the slide do you pray to Jeezus and it magically happens?

So do you work the action once or twice? Pull the trigger to fire (ONE), or preload by racking the slide back and then fire (TWO)?
You see how you can designate SA or DA on a striker fired Glock?

Your posts are like a fart in a windstorm, I have no idea where your going.

Smith & Wesson considers the M&P trigger to be a "striker fired double action only" trigger. Is this because once you pull the trigger, it moves forward again and doesn't stay back like Glock's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom