• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3" and 3.5" 1911 chat

Also, this gun is listed right now so altering it would not be wise.

I don't care for the stainless.

I always have a bunch of take off parts around the shop. If someone wants the factory drop-in grip safety modified, I'll do it and give them an un-altered spare. I've got several spare stainless steel factory SAI grip safeties. You can have one for free if you want it. I'll modify it before I send it on, if you'd like.

Been shooting 1911's for 28 years, in all sorts of weather, with either hand, with and without cover, with and without gloves, etc., etc., and so forth. Never failed to deactivate the grip safety......but I do have largish/longish hands. Different strokes for different folks and what works for one person don't always work for another.

I always have a bunch of take off parts around the shop. If someone wants the factory drop-in grip safety modified, I'll do it and give them an un-altered spare. I've got several spare stainless steel factory SAI grip safeties. You can have one for free if you want it. I'll modify it before I send it on, if you'd like.

Been shooting 1911's for 28 years, in all sorts of weather, with either hand, with and without cover, with and without gloves, etc., etc., and so forth. Never failed to deactivate the grip safety......but I do have largish/longish hands. Different strokes for different folks and what works for one person don't always work for another.

I appreciate it. I have several spares as well. 15 years of hair ties on my 1911s, it's kinda grown on me.

Besides, I normally carry a glock. :becky:

I've been curious about the subcompact sized 1911s. How is the recoil the in the smaller frame with the .45?

Well for me, and mileage may differ for you!
the ATI Titan that's a steel frame defender it handles everything in 45 acp well, although I typically carry 200 grain JHP in almost all my 45 acps.
the Springer Micro Compact (officers alloy frame) does have a good bit of muzzle jump as I think its like 23 -24 ounces with an empty mag?
I generally use a 175-185 grain JHP in it.
honesty though I can shoot 100-150 rounds through either gun with no discomfort. but again that will depend on the person as much as the gun.

I've been toting a 3.5 the past week or so. Carries so nice.

View attachment 1011654

same one that I have, carry it a little bit when not toting the CZ P-01.
its a fairly accurate lil 1911 for me and reliability is top notch.
course mine has the grip screws so I don't need a rubber band to hold the grips on.---GRiiiiN>

I've had a colt defender, new agent ,smith pro 3",two kimbers, a para p12,and warthawg they will bust your ear drums if you don't plug but shooting them a lot ****s up my elbow!

I've had a colt defender, new agent ,smith pro 3",two kimbers, a para p12,and warthawg they will bust your ear drums if you don't plug but shooting them a lot ****s up my elbow!

wow?? I don't even shoot a pellet gun without ear protection!!!
having to use it in defense situation yea, but to shoot steel, paper?? don't think so.

Yeah it's pretty brutal figured I'd go on back porch a just squeeze a couple off and it would be alright nah their about as loud as a glock 32c booooooooom!

During an actual deadly force encounter you will more than likely not hear your firearm at all, due to auditory exclusion.......or you will hear it at a much more reduced level.

During my first gunfight, the 5.56 rounds sounded like popcorn popping and my Rem870 sounded like thuds, almost like someone kicking a solid wood door. Afterwards, and a lot of rounds were expended, my hearing seemed just fine. No ringing.

This is not the case, however, when you are not under stress. Wear your hearing protection.

Back
Top Bottom