• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

3" and 3.5" 1911 chat

Have a glock 21, sti and Kimber all 45. I thought about a 1911 in 9 due to ammo cost. I did hold a Springfield emp 4 inch the other day. I liked it but they are going for about 1000 plus.

Come on Cmshoot, all of us can't carry a 454 Casull in our pocket

It was a joke! Anyone that reads my stuff knows that I will rarely make negative comments about folks' choice in carry guns.

But, sometimes the hairy-cheated Marine gets out of the cage I keep him in.......

I've seen very few of the Ruger 1911's of any caliber in my classes, but the ones I've seen ran just fine. Good thing about a 9mm 1911 with an aluminum frame is that it will always have a 1-piece feed ramp/fully-supported chamber, so no worries about an aluminum feed ramp. If you get one, bring it by a class.....I'd love to shoot it. I don't own a 9mm 1911, but they're the sweetest shooting pistols I've ever shot. Or bring it by my place and shoot it if you need some range time.

No problems I knew you was kidding. Thanks for the offers, when I get one I will let you try it out. Ruger seems to be bringing a lot of firearms to the market lately which is good for the industry but with so many new models you have to worry a little about quality control. Besides Glock warranty and service, I think Ruger stands behind their products and I own numerous Ruger Firearms and never had one worked on.

If you want a 9mm 1911 - just get a Browning Hi-Power.

Not hating - I have a full size 1911 in 9mm and two Star Super B's in 9mm...and a Hi-Power clone. Love 'em all!

Back
Top Bottom