300 Blk Barrel Manufacturer

Quacker

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been brought up before.

I'm looking to build a 300 blk pistol (later to be converted to sbr) with a 10"ish barrel. What are some good barrel manufacturers for the price. Not wanting to spend much over $200 and hoping for a 1:7 twist. Obviously I want the best quality I can get for the $$. Please don't say Noveske! I'm sure that's the best money can buy but I can't afford it!

Thoughts, Comments?

I should also add that I will be shooting mostly subsonic heavy projectiles... eventually suppressed. I still want to be able to shoot supersonic with reasonable accuracy tho.

I bought a 10.3 Daniel Defense S2W CHF for $265 to my door. I was stoked. Great barrel at a good deal. There are a lot cheaper ones but if you are serious about you accuracy and service life and ever want to suppress it, don't skimp on the barrel.

I bought a 10.3 Daniel Defense S2W CHF for $265 to my door. I was stoked. Great barrel at a good deal. There are a lot cheaper ones but if you are serious about you accuracy and service life and ever want to suppress it, don't skimp on the barrel.
That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks man! I would have no problems with DD.

I have a Faxon ARAK upper but I haven't done much with it yet.
They sell .300 barrels and I've heard good stuff about them. http://faxonfirearms.com/barrels/ar-15/300-blackout-whisper/
I have heard good stuff about Faxon as well and that is what I was considering getting. I can't find any in 1:7 twist tho. I don't know if 1:8 will effectively stabilize the 220 grain projectiles. I'm still doing my research on the subject but maybe yall can fill me in on twist rates vs projectile weights.

Thanks!!

Where are the best sites online to purchase barrels? I am interested in building a rifle from the ground up and looking for some input on good online vendors!

Back
Top Bottom