300 Blk optic suggestions

CrzTyler

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
This is a pistol length build.
I’ve been looking at the slx 3x microprism or the EOtech xps2-300.

Reviews for the eotech are pretty unsettling, been leaning more toward the slx 3x.
I’ll be shooting this suppressed and unsuppressed.

Just looking for some knowledge here, NV compatible isn’t a deal breaker for me but would be nice.

I’d just like to see some honest opinions on either of these or other optics in a comparable price range.

Just run a quality LPVO or Microprism. I really like the PA Microprisms. The 1x is good for 100 yards and in. The 3x is the sweet spot. They have the new 5x but I would want an offset red dot with that.

Reticle is nice and you don’t need batteries to use it. It’s also very tough, and glass is ok.

Eye relief on the 3x kind of sucks though. You’re looking at under 3 inches. You’re almost in trijicon ACOG territory.

i think you can get them under $300 shipped with all the discounts PA offers. Also, it comes with tons of mounting options already in the box which is nice.

What will you use the pistol to do?
I’m gonna sight my qd thermal in on it today so I may try deer hunting with it and see how that goes just for fun.

Mainly just close range training, speed shooting, some low light stuff.

Just run a quality LPVO or Microprism. I really like the PA Microprisms. The 1x is good for 100 yards and in. The 3x is the sweet spot. They have the new 5x but I would want an offset red dot with that.

Reticle is nice and you don’t need batteries to use it. It’s also very tough, and glass is ok.

Eye relief on the 3x kind of sucks though. You’re looking at under 3 inches. You’re almost in trijicon ACOG territory.

i think you can get them under $300 shipped with all the discounts PA offers. Also, it comes with tons of mounting options already in the box which is nice.
Yeah I was kind of leaning toward that 3x I don’t plan on using it for anything more than 150 yards. I’ll probably snag that 3x and test it out and down the road look at something a little more fancy.

I do like the price point and features, nv compatible on a decent quality optic for that price is hard to argue when comparing to the eotech that’s not nv compatible.

I’m gonna sight my qd thermal in on it today so I may try deer hunting with it and see how that goes just for fun.

Mainly just close range training, speed shooting, some low light stuff.

Yeah I was kind of leaning toward that 3x I don’t plan on using it for anything more than 150 yards. I’ll probably snag that 3x and test it out and down the road look at something a little more fancy.

I do like the price point and features, nv compatible on a decent quality optic for that price is hard to argue when comparing to the eotech that’s not nv compatible.
I'm still confused on what the main use case is. Hard to help without knowing what you plan on doing with it and what it will be used for the vast majority of the time.
All EOTECHs are NV compatible.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I'm still confused on what the main use case is. Hard to help without knowing what you plan on doing with it and what it will be used for the vast majority of the time.

Yeah, I was a little confused on eotech NOT being NV compatible.

Yeah, I was a little confused on eotech NOT being NV compatible.
The one mentioned above is not nv compatible.

But anyway like I said, a gun for speed shooting and training within 150 yards, if I see a deer within 150 and have the right load in, may take a shot to see effectiveness. I don’t see how that’s difficult to understand.

But anyway like I said, a gun for speed shooting and training within 150 yards, if I see a deer within 150 and have the right load in, may take a shot to see effectiveness. I don’t see how that’s difficult to understand.

They are all NV compatible. If it doesn't have the NV button you can just manually lower the illumination to the lower levels.

"Speed shooting" whatever that is, and hunting, are pretty far apart. Would probably suggest a LPVO.

It’ll be fine for 150 hunting, easy. It’s very similar to an ACOG in performance.

It’ll be fine for 150 hunting, easy. It’s very similar to an ACOG in performance.
The problem with 3-4x for hunting I've found has nothing to do with being able to take the shot, but everything to do with being able to look over the head (doe vs button buck or counting points).

Back
Top Bottom