• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

300 blk reloaders

. Do you mean, would you shoot a deer at 200yds with a 30-30? Depends on the rifle, and the load.
Correcto Mundo. I would not attempt to shoot a deer a 200+ yds with either 300BO or 30-30 Winchester. Just me YMMV

Round
TypeWeightMuzzle Energy ft·lbMuzzle Velocity ft/sec.
30-30Win
Barnes TSX15016112200

300 AAC BO
BTHP15513631990

Last edited:
If you are going to make your own 300 blk out, the market is flooded with converted and reformed. We do not use that type ourselves, to many incidents where a 300 blk out was put into a 5.56, slammed the charging handle and boom, at 2 different shooting ranges.

Just be very careful........................... only a suggestion...

??? How does the reformed 556 and standard factory round make any difference to someone loading the wrong round into the wrong gun?? Are you saying they read the head stamp and think that the blackout is 556 or 223?

PS I have the saw and Jig works great just more work

??? How does the reformed 556 and standard factory round make any difference to someone loading the wrong round into the wrong gun?? Are you saying they read the head stamp and think that the blackout is 556 or 223?

PS I have the saw and Jig works great just more work

I think he is talking about slamming a 300blk in a 5.56 AR. It can be done, and will make a nasty kaboom.

Very nasty boom.
You guys are right, was at CHARLIE ELLIOTT, and TRADING PLACE, when this happen, did not have any huggies on when this happened, blew the complete upper off the gun and made a mess of the guns, fortunately it only gave each shooter of the guns very nice whelps on the right side of the shooters faces.

Not a very good scene.

Safety first, safety first, just be careful...............

You can buy 300 blkout brass from everglades for 16¢ 99% LC. Not worth the time or the tools to make it unless your time is worthless.

You can buy 300 blkout brass from everglades for 16¢ 99% LC. Not worth the time or the tools to make it unless your time is worthless.

I view reloading as a hobby so don't count the time as a waste, but as part of the hobby.
I am a consultant so I know about billable hours so If weighed my time my reloads would be very expensive
But thanks for the info on evergrades I have used them and they away have fast shipping and good products

PS they are out of stock on 300 Blackout

Last edited:
 just got chop saw w/ jig and Giraud trimmer 

Have had my Giraud Trimmer for a year, and would not go back to having to do the three steps separately. One step (1) and then all three have been done.
Doug, makes a great piece of equipment. Expensive YES, headache free YES, it's simply the best on today's market.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom