300 whisper vs 300 blackout

Ah. I should say, the power delta between 38 and 357 is considerably wider. The difference between those two 300 cartridges.. Is negligible, at best.

Again, correct - but just as one can shoot the 38 in the 357, one can shoot the whisper in the blackout. Just let me be right! ;)

Again, correct - but just as one can shoot the 38 in the 357, one can shoot the whisper in the blackout. Just let me be right! ;)
Sir, I'll have you know that this is the internet - The chief exports of which are nitpicking and arguments over semantics.

Sir, I'll have you know that this is the internet - The chief exports of which are nitpicking and arguments over semantics.

imgs.xkcd.com_comics_duty_calls.png

IMG_20120708_082313.jpg
We are also building 300 Blk as well. Ours of course are on Billet receivers. We use custom barrels, along with a few cmmg barrels as well.

Attachments

• 2012-07-08_08-22-35_425.jpg
    2012-07-08_08-22-35_425.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 25
We have a CMMG 8" barrel with gas tube and gas block, in stock. $299

As well, we have a CMMG complete 8" upper with a Midwest Industries rail. $699

Rich

PS, the 8" barrels are ideal for all 300 AAC rounds. However,, the 16" barrels do not function well with sub-sonic ammo.

So, if you want the best of both worlds, get the 8" barrel.
Is that complete upper price with BCG and CH?

If I understand correctly, the difference is in the leade of the chamber. Case dimensions are the same.
My opinion is that the Blackout was a clever way to get around JD Jones patent.

JD Jones never had a patent on the 300 Whisper(R). Case dimensions on the 300 Whisper are a trade secret and unknown to the public, so it is hard to say they are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

One difference is that 300 Whisper ammunition was typically $45 a box. 300 BLK ammunition is now as low as $8.50 per box. The deals tend to be posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/300aacblackout

Well, how about that, straight from the horse's mouth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_AAC_Blackout_(7.62×35mm)
In an effort to satisfy this need the 300 AAC Blackout[3] was created by Advanced Armament Corp. in cooperation with Remington Defense, under the direction of AAC's Research and Development Director Robert Silvers.

Back
Top Bottom