• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300lb officer vs 12lb Jack Russel Terrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you missed my first post on the subject:

And my response to the turn from pointing out this morons idiocy to just plain old fashioned cop-bashing:

So if you had read that you would know that I condemn this asshole as a person with a badge not a representative of all cops as the cop-haters do. If that's not a satisfactory attitude, oh well.

And I am not a cop. Never have been.

Again, I am not a cop. I have always felt that I lack the temperament for the job. I'd run into some POS like I do here so often and discredit the badge. As for my attitude, if I think cop haters are scumbags that;s my right to think. It won't change. Any ****ing moron that can't understand that the existence of cops serves as deterrents to crime and victimization of innocents is just stupid. I can't say it any plainer than that. Just ****ing stupid. And all the macho bull **** about "I protect my family" is just that...bull ****. If YOU were the only protection your family had you would never be able to go to work, let your wife leave the house, send your kids to school, sleep... You would have to be always on guard since there would be no reason for criminals not to prowl at will and prey on anyone they wanted. So, if hating cops is your bag, then hating you is mine.

Here's hoping all cop haters dial 911 and get a busy signal.

Well.. Cops are not deterrents of crime, that is to say that criminals are thinking rationally, however this isn't true. This is a criminlogical fact, police are capable guardians and fall under the "routine activities" school of thought.

Any ****ing moron that can't understand that the existence of cops serves as deterrents to crime and victimization of innocents is just stupid. I can't say it any plainer than that. Just ****ing stupid. And all the macho bull **** about "I protect my family" is just that...bull ****. If YOU were the only protection your family had you would never be able to go to work, let your wife leave the house, send your kids to school, sleep... You would have to be always on guard since there would be no reason for criminals not to prowl at will and prey on anyone they wanted. So, if hating cops is your bag, then hating you is mine.

Wow.

Where to begin?

Cops serve as deterrents? To what? Why is there crime? So a cop should be stationed at every residence and on every street corner and there would be no crime? Every keyboard connected to a computer then, too?

Come now.

Most people are good people. That is why there is not more criminals. Not because of cops. Not because of Courts. And not because of prisons. Cops, courts, and prisons are reactionary, after the fact. If you believe otherwise some research and education are in order.

Maybe people "out bad coppers" because of the roles and responsibilities afforded to sworn officers in America.

Wow.

Where to begin?

Cops serve as deterrents? To what? Why is there crime? So a cop should be stationed at every residence and on every street corner and there would be no crime? Every keyboard connected to a computer then, too?

Come now.

Most people are good people. That is why there is not more criminals. Not because of cops. Not because of Courts. And not because of prisons. Cops, courts, and prisons are reactionary, after the fact. If you believe otherwise some research and education are in order.

Maybe people "out bad coppers" because of the roles and responsibilities afforded to sworn officers in America.

Simply amazing. A simple concept of deterrence is beyond so many. OK. Most people are good. And most of those good people are victims in waiting for the people who are NOT good. Most criminals are opportunists. Cops reduce opportunities. Not just the sight of a cop but the knowledge that(in most places) a cop can be on site in a reasonable time frame. Now in my town, I have confidence that if a cop can get here if needed, he actually will. Maybe where you live cops have grown apathetic. Maybe the hate and mistrust that internet supermen want to spread has convinced cops in some places that they are so reviled that it is not worth their effort to even try. Beats me. But anyone who can't understand that ENFORCEMENT=DETERRENCE is just hopeless.

Punishment is behavioral modification. If punishment is swift and sure it is effective. Unfortunately, the liberal element in society has removed much of the swiftness and made it UNsure at best. Still, cops try to bring criminals to justice. It's usually the courts that fail the innocent with lenient judges, the scumbag lawyers that use every conniving loophole they can find to free evil men and the politicians who legislate away the rights of the innocent in favor of "humane" treatment of the murderers, rapist and other human detritous that make our "legal system" so worthless.

Cops should be analogous to white blood cells in the body. They fight the infection of criminals. It's not a perfect analogy but without a crayon I can't color a clearer picture I don't believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom