.308 AR opinions

tywest

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
89   0
Reaction score
So ive been thinking about getting one after all this inflated mess goes away.

What should i look at in the base ones with a flattop and pinned front site (standard A2/iron style).
Also want a non slick side, i value the buffer and forward assist.

Whats an honest good price for one.

I just picked up a 716 and love it! I paid a bit higher price but I sold my 5.56 AR for an equally higher price so the cost didn't affect my decision. Before the rush they were running about $1,700-1,800. There were some DPMS models that I liked at around $1,200-1,500. I think the Armalites were in that same range as well.

I've owned a few of them. The DPMS/SR25 pattern rifles are my preferred choice. They use very reliable and usually affordable magazines and standard AR 15 type fire control components.

I still have a couple of them, one DPMS M4 profile and a Bushy ORC. Both feature the F/A and dust cover and were purchased in the last year or two.

I paid about $1050.00 for the DPMS and a bit over $1100.00 for the Bushmaster. Both shoot great and share the same magazines. The only upgrades I make are to the fire control. All my AR's use the same two stage trigger. I have the same feel no matter which AR I choose.

I've owned a few of them. The DPMS/SR25 pattern rifles are my preferred choice. They use very reliable and usually affordable magazines and standard AR 15 type fire control components.

I still have a couple of them, one DPMS M4 profile and a Bushy ORC. Both feature the F/A and dust cover and were purchased in the last year or two.

I paid about $1050.00 for the DPMS and a bit over $1100.00 for the Bushmaster. Both shoot great and share the same magazines. The only upgrades I make are to the fire control. All my AR's use the same two stage trigger. I have the same feel no matter which AR I choose.

I've had interest as well,how would you or any one else rate the Armalite vs DPMS and bushmaster?Also magazine compatibility.

Armalite isn't DPMS/SR25 compatible. The Armalite FCG isn't AR15 type either.

For me, overall value wise the ORC Bushy is a bargain. It's basically an enlarged AR15.

+1 on the SR25/M110 magazine compatability. I think that is going to be the standard as the .308 AR popularity continues to grow. Magpul has a new generation of SR25 Pmags supposedly coming out this year including a 25 round windowed version.

Can't really make a comparison with the others (DPMS/BUSHY) as I own the Armalite. I bought it at the gun show at Atlanta Motor Speedway right before prices went haywire. I did a fair bit of research before deciding on the AR, yes the mags are pricey and they are not interchangable with the others. My AR is very accurate and well built but so is the DPMS from what I have seen. Get what makes you happy and enjoy shooting it.I got a good deal so the choice was easy. $1472.00 w/tax scope,scope rail, 2 x20rnd mags and soft case,granted the scope is an NCstar 4x32 w/red dot laser but it works well thus far.

Back
Top Bottom