• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

.308 cal. Adequate ?

If you cant kill it with a 308,maybe you should go golfing
angry black bear (1).jpg

Yeah, explain that to him.

Attachments

• buff.jpg
    buff.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 8
Just because something can be done a way, doesn't mean that's the best way to do it.
people hunted bears long before you and I were here to make the decision what is adequate.What was once adequate might not be to some folks today.Fred Bear killed all the bears with a recurve,maybe not the proper weapon but it was doable.The eskimos they all have 375's naw.I am sold on the 308 have been since I saw em shoot at Camp Perry in the 60's.New stuff fine,old stuff fine with me.

people hunted bears long before you and I were here to make the decision what is adequate.What was once adequate might not be to some folks today.Fred Bear killed all the bears with a recurve,maybe not the proper weapon but it was doable.The eskimos they all have 375's naw.I am sold on the 308 have been since I saw em shoot at Camp Perry in the 60's.New stuff fine,old stuff fine with me.
Just so you know, the 375 H&H was around for 40 years before the 308 Win was introduced. So it's old and does the job better. What's not to like? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom