• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.308 suppressor.

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Well I took a friend of mine to quiet riot today. He bought a .308 can. Now I want one! He bought the specwar 7.62. He had others in stock as well.

My question is this. Have any of you fine folks used a .308 can on a 7.62x39? Ill be using mine on a Sig Sauer 556R. I know its not the best round to suppress but that's what I want to do

Should I get the specwar or a smaller more compact can like the AAC? I'm open to all suggestions.

I'm loving my aac can but I'd never run ak rounds through it. I've seen the surefire and we did side by side comparison of the surefire and sdn6 with 300 blackout and the aac was slightly quieter. Never seen a specwar in person so no opinion on it.

:thumb: I keep thinking how awesome the Sig 556R would be with a suppressor on it.

I had a guy shooting one next to me at the range a few weeks ago. I was not impressed at all. His suppressed 7.62 was REALLY loud, not as loud as my unsupressed M14, but far too loud to shoot without hearing protection. I though to my self that was a hell of a lot of money and a hell of a long wait for something that is still really ****ing loud. I think I will stick with cans for calibers that can be shot subsonic. .22, 9mm, 45, and 300 BLK for me.

I'm loving my aac can but I'd never run ak rounds through it. I've seen the surefire and we did side by side comparison of the surefire and sdn6 with 300 blackout and the aac was slightly quieter. Never seen a specwar in person so no opinion on it.

Why not? Not as much pressure as a 308. As long as the threads are concentric it's gtg

556 is quieter but still loud. I'd imagine most 7.62 cans are the same for 556. I have a buddy with a 556 can and it is quieter than a 7.62 but still not what I'd call quiet.

Back
Top Bottom