• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.308 suppressor.

556 is quieter but still loud. I'd imagine most 7.62 cans are the same for 556. I have a buddy with a 556 can and it is quieter than a 7.62 but still not what I'd call quiet.

Its not movie quiet like most people want. That's why I have 9mm and 22lr suppressors. Just want a rifle that does not make my ears pop when firing.

The Saker 762 is lighter than the specwar at 20oz and has a ton more mounting options since the MAAD system allows for direct thread, 51t QD, YHM QD, Sakers own QD, and maybe others but I'm not sure. You'll obviously have to wait till its in stock

The Specwar is the tank, it is rated up to 300 win mag, it is heavy 24oz, and it can take a high volume of fire without overheating and it is very quiet.

Harvester is light and short, rated to 300 win mag, only 11oz, but probably not good for lots of sustained fire. Direct thread on which is nice because you don't have to worry about rounds, but not nice because it lacks that cool feature.

AAC SDN6 is a good middle weight(20oz) and middle length and mounts are widely available, if x39 or 300blk is what you intend to shoot most and not full on rifle rounds like 308, then it will probably deliver the best results since it does so with 300blk.

YHM LT series is only 308 rated but it is a good middle weight(20oz) with a great mounting system and good suppression

I like my specwar and all, but I kind of wish I had a choice like the Saker 762 to put me around the more standardized 20oz

The Harvester is going to be ultra affordable, light, thin, and short, with only a small sacrifice in suppression. If your weight conscious and maximum suppression aint your goal it seems like the go to can.

Last edited:
I looked at a lot info reviews on the AAC SDN6 and the Surefire SOCOM and it came down to the Surefire, mostly because of the QD system. I'm about 6 months into whatever the wait is now.

I went with the SF SOCOM 762 but the new saker 762 looks promising! I wonder how long before dealers see them?
I've second guessed myself and wondered if I should have just went with the SF mini 762 since its not going to be hearing safe anyway on x39, 308, 556, and just get a dedicated 300blk can.

Keep in mind the AK system is LOUD. when we ran this thread mount can from Liberty we had gas leakage from mount to can, a Q.A. can may solve some of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have not seen the Silencer Shop comparison video below, it may give you some ideas. I have been searching for the perfect 308 multi use caliber suppressor for about a year now. You basically have a choice between 1.5lb or heavier 8 - 10" can. Or in order to get something lighter and/or smaller, you either have to do mini or titanium, sacrificing sound or durability. I had pretty much settled on a Sure Mini 7.62, but I could not find it in stock so I went with a 556 can. Now I am back on the hunt, but it will primarily be for 308/7.62 use so I am more open to titanium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom