.327 Fed Mag Ammo

Double Action Sam

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
I have been trying to find some of this Ammo for a while, I do not like to order it online because it cost so much to ship. Does anybody have any suggestions where you can find this particular ammunition?

Thanks,
Sam

Barrow's was stocking a decent selection of it last time I was there. Ordering online is usually cheaper and easier.

.327 gives you more pop than a .38 or 9mm while still being more easily controlled than a .357, which it pretty practically equals if you consider how many people utilize the .357. If you don't get it, you probably won't without much hands-on experience.

Why is this in the pasture?

I hate to drag this thread more off-topic, but how is the recoil of a .327 magnum compared to a .38 special defensive +P hollowpoint, both fired from the same kind of small 2" barreled revolver?

I've never shot a .327 magnum, but I know a number of newbie / beginner shooters who would like the simplicity of a DA revolver, but hate the recoil that even standard-pressure .38 special ammo generates. It's not just noise, but muzzle flip-up.

For those people, I think they'd be good candidates for a revolver (6 shots, too!) that lets them start with regular .32 long, then work up to .32 H&R magnum (developed 30 years ago), and finally, when they good good and experienced and comfortable shooting their gun, they have the option of loading .327 magnum ammo.

Right now, the only real revolver choices they have are .22 LR, 22 magnum (pleasant to shoot, but too weak for reliable defense), and .38/ .357

Barrow's was stocking a decent selection of it last time I was there. Ordering online is usually cheaper and easier.

.327 gives you more pop than a .38 or 9mm while still being more easily controlled than a .357, which it pretty practically equals if you consider how many people utilize the .357. If you don't get it, you probably won't without much hands-on experience.

Why is this in the pasture?

it's in the pasture, because I can't find it no where else, maybe I can find some ammunition in the pasture. :-)
Thanks bud

The .327 loses too much in the shorter barrels to bother. .32 h&r mag is more appropriate for a short barrel according to the numbers at least. I have not found the one for me yet, so no comment on the rest. Well, except, the practical choice in a six shot revolver with .38 spcl-like performance is a Colt Cobra or Agent in .38 Spcl. Cheaper than a S&W .32, too.

Back
Top Bottom