• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

35 Remington from reformed 308 Winchester???

Justin2504

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
64   0
Reaction score
I've seen forums about 35 rem made from reformed once fired mil 308. Anybody ever do this? If so do they last OK? I'm asking if they reloaded several times afterward or just a few. I've also seen old info that 303 British can also be used to form 35 rem. I wouldn't mind having some light plinking rounds for my 35's and if I can use other cases reasonably to do so well........ I don't mind a little (or a bunch) of work so effort isn't an issue. I could have a ton of plinking rounds if I can use old 308's and some 158 gn 357/38 bullets. I've got an uncle that claims to have made some 35 from 270 cases. I haven't seen these or his method. I'm hoping someone has something to add here before I start butchering cases.

The 35 rem is rimless. The 308 head is about .012 larger than the 35. Supposedly after resizing it works fine. It can be machined I guess but that seems excessive unless my bolt won't hold it. May need to use 308 case holders while loading.

I can understand that there seems to be a shortage of 35 rem ammo due to low production runs. But is there really such a shortage that this has actually been attempted?? I had no idea that 35 rem was that popular round that finding a box of ammo is like finding a bar of gold...now making cases by reforming 308?? I must really be missing something, or it's a geographic thing. Maybe I need to call my cousins in PA and have them send me a few boxes, they trip over 35 rem like I trip over 9mm around here.

I can understand that there seems to be a shortage of 35 rem ammo due to low production runs. But is there really such a shortage that this has actually been attempted?? I had no idea that 35 rem was that popular round that finding a box of ammo is like finding a bar of gold...now making cases by reforming 308?? I must really be missing something, or it's a geographic thing. Maybe I need to call my cousins in PA and have them send me a few boxes, they trip over 35 rem like I trip over 9mm around here.

Up untill last october I knew 5 people, including myself, that hunted with 35Rem. As soon as we all found out that you couldnt just pick up a couple boxes before deer season people started coming out of the wood work. I had no idea so many hunted with a 35Rem...

Up untill last october I knew 5 people, including myself, that hunted with 35Rem. As soon as we all found out that you couldnt just pick up a couple boxes before deer season people started coming out of the wood work. I had no idea so many hunted with a 35Rem...
It's all I've ever used other than a shot gun a few times and a bow. I recently picked up a 760 and a model 81 all in 35 Remington. Nice additions to the 336 my dad gave me new at 16.

I brought my 35 down to hunt with a few years ago but forgot ammo. Imagine my surprise when I picked up a couple of boxes for 40 bucks apiece, I nearly had a heart attack...I made sure the next time I went to the storage unit I brought back my ammo, I aint paying those kinda prices yikes!!

Back
Top Bottom