357 magnum cases won't fit

Contact Winchester for a replacement batch!

I believe I am going to give that a shot. Guess I will see if Winchester has real customer service or customer NO service. Out of 300 brand new cases I have a total of 32 that aren't good for nothing.
I was just wondering if anyone else has ever ran into this issue and if so, what did you do to fix it. Thanks to all.

My first thought exactly...
:caked:

I would contact Winchester and have the entire lot replaced unless you are willing to check the case head thickness as well as primer pocket depth. If they are mismachining rims what else is making it thru quality control? I sometimes have seen these issues with .556/.308 brass of foreign make.

Maybe the spec allows for a little wiggle room in the rim size that the thousand year old lee die set doesn't? I've run into weirdness like that with lee sets before that's why I stopped being them.

:caked:

I would contact Winchester and have the entire lot replaced unless you are willing to check the case head thickness as well as primer pocket depth. If they are mismachining rims what else is making it thru quality control? I sometimes have seen these issues with .556/.308 brass of foreign make.

Good point.

I might simply try another brand of shell holder if the cases fit my pistol.

Good idea. I haven't tried them in my 357 yet. Even the good ones. I only have then ran through the resizing die (even though they are new) and the primers pressed in. All the primers in the good ones seated in fine. Just below the surface of the head.

Back
Top Bottom