• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

365 hp......

Ford never advertised the Flex either
And even had an internal memo that the Flex was not to be advertised on commercials that showed the car driving during daylight
The ads could only show the Flex neon driven at
Night and the memo explicitly stated that no children were to be shown on the commercials
Only happy adults driving it at night

Then stopped making them because no one bought em

The twin turbo AWD version would have made a great police car

Fast. handled great and plenty of room inside

hard to find a nice sedan (with an actual back seat) that's sporty and fun to drive. My wife was in the market recently for a new convertible. Had zero interest in mustang or camaro (interiors, noise, style), but wanted a nice back seat, convertible, good motor, rear wheel drive, and decently sporty. ruled out a lot of cars because of missing some elements. She had in the past an S2000 (before we had kids), TL type S (hated the automatic even with paddles), E46 M3 (had issues with motor, so no more BMW's). finally found a nice CPO mercedes E550 convertible in texas. twin turbo V8, nice sounds, good handling, monster motor, and interior that's top notch. warranty thru 2021 unlimited mileage. I'm shocked with the motor. they say 400hp and 500 lb/ft torque (at 1600rpm), but that's pretty low rating per my seat of the pants impression. I'm used to motorcycles, but this thing has some stomp. fun to drive. I'd love to have the wagon version some day (E400 wagon or the E63 AMG wagon if I win the lottery some day!).

Will have to see what Mazda comes out with this year for the diesels. I have had TDI's in the past and was waiting for a sweet deal on a Q7 TDI or something like that, but no luck so far. Maybe next year I'll replace my vehicle.

2003 M5 v 2015 SS ? Oooo, what a killer.
It looks like they stretched logic on the comparison based on the fact that both cars are rear drive v8 manual transmission cars, a rare combo these days. Its more of a compare/contrast article than a contest.

As far as I'm concerned - compare any new sport sedan to a pristine 2003 M5, and I'd choose the M5 every time.

Back
Top Bottom