• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

3rd annual trout stream meet and greet

Get you some crickets

nah i always have better luck with red wigglers. hell i can catch the trout you can see at the hatchery after a weekend day of day trippers throwing everything on top of their heads with red wigglers lol. theres just a secret way of presenting the worm to them so they will hit it :)

:D
nah i always have better luck with red wigglers. hell i can catch the trout you can see at the hatchery after a weekend day of day trippers throwing everything on top of their heads with red wigglers lol. theres just a secret way of presenting the worm to them so they will hit it :)
No sinker!:D

I went up Tuesday morning and stayed til this morning. Fish were biting pretty well, though they were still short-striking spinners some, and just about everything else I threw at them. Despite that, I still managed to average around 10 keepers a day and a couple of small ones. I need to learn to use my net more though, I lost several fish before I could manage to get them on a stringer. That's more frustrating than hooking one and not landing it. I caught fish on red wigglers, pink powerbait worms, corn, and spinners. No one thing was working all the time.

I rode over to Cooper's Creek after lunch on Thursday cause people were saying it was going to be stocked, but it wasn't and didn't look like it had been for quite a while. I gave up on Cooper's after a snake jumped off the bank and chased me out of the creek. I only saw a few other people attempting to fish at Cooper's. I headed back over to Rock Creek and ran into militaryrednek militaryrednek . I was fishing about 100 yds down the creek from him below the hatchery when a bald eagle flew over us. That was pretty cool, first time I've ever seen a live one in the wild.

It was a lot more crowded than I anticipated for being middle of the week. This morning was ridiculous, people were practically fishing on top of each other all the way down the creek. There were at least 10 people all trying to fish the big hole by the stocking pipe at the same time. I left this morning without even getting my fishing rod out of the car.

I took a few pics of some of my fish, but didnt feel like trying to upload them from my phone. Everyone knows what a trout looks like anyway. Considered postings some pics of the 50+ scratches, cuts, and scrapes from thorns, sticks, and falling on a few rocks, but I figured no one really wanted to see my legs.

ya like Drew said it was nuts Friday morning. i found one spot to try to fish before i left that there wasnt any people at. i dont do the whole fishing 10ft from someone i dont know thing lol. i caught 5 thursday, one really nice one that was hanging off both sides of my plate when eating him lol. caught all mine on red wigglers. i was really trying to get the girl i brought up with me to catch a fish and didnt want to take her to the hard to get to areas lol (behind the church for one lol). i forgot to take pictures again lol.

and like drew said, saw the bald eagle at the hatchery was the coolest thing ive seen in awhile. wish i had a camera with me at the time to get a good pic of him as he landed in the trees near where i was.

i always froget something, but this time i forgot something rather important while camping.....i forget my damn sleeping bag and pad for my hammock haha! it wasnt that bad, but it got cold as hell at about 3am-7am. i spent that time in my truck lol.

:D
No sinker!:D

nope, i use a sinker all the time when using worms up there lol.

I'm so ready to hit the stream, should be warm enough to wade and catch some big ones this year! I think I'm only going to work a half day on Thursday so maybe I can cast a line in before dark!

nah you need to magically appear at like 2am again and wake me up haha :dance::bolt:

Back
Top Bottom