• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

43 days

5 days. My wife told me I'm a little too excited, I spent today washing my hunting clothes, atleast my lightweight stuff I wear bow hunting, installing my new quiver, packing my stuff, changing out flashlight batteries, shooting my bow, and putting broadheads on my arrows. I haven't seen many good bucks on camera so far but I know they are there, I found a "cull" doe im probably gonna kill saturday if her patterns stay the same. She's full grown but really sickly looking. She's so bad off you can see her pelvis very defined, count every rib, and vertebrae, and neck is about 1/3 the size it should be. Hate to take a doe this early but if something is wrong with her she would be better off dead before she gets bred. Still hoping to see the 6 now 8 point I missed last year show himself this weekend.

Also secured a small 2 acre spot in my parents subdivision to bow hunt during the week. Has a creek running through it and a few good acorn producing white oaks. I hunted in the same subdivision on a different neighbor's land a few years ago and saw this guy, I know he's dead and gone by now but hoping he has a son walking around there. Unsure how long the owner is going to let me hunt it though, they are talking about moving and selling the house.
FB_IMG_1473088910736.jpg
FB_IMG_1473088901350.jpg

Back
Top Bottom