• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4th time.....I'm getting a little fed up with it.

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
Since 2020 I've witnessed 4 layoffs at 3 different companies I've worked for. Each time, for some magical reason, they keep me on board. But this leads me into finding another job because cut backs don't mean less work, now I get to be paid the same for doing a team's worth of work....and be happy I still have a job. I am happy I can provide for my family, but at what cost? Doesn't help that each time I end up with a corporate version of survivor's guilt.

Just venting. Happy Friday.....I'm going to get drunk.

Ditto, just accepted a position with a new company and we are building from the ground up with like minded individuals. All voice their opinion and share duties, both physical and clerical. Hoping you find something! It took me 20 years and a couple jobs in between to finally make the leap and now I feel at peace that it’s paying off.

I decided in most cases working for someone is a dead end. The only way out is to work for yourself. However that presents other challenges. The best you can do is pick your poison

4th, you aren't even getting warmed up yet man - I've been through over 100 layoffs in my career. They rarely register in my head any more, but I can tell they cause some angst for quite a few people.

Hoist your bourbon sir, and be of good cheer!

Ditto, just accepted a position with a new company and we are building from the ground up with like minded individuals. All voice their opinion and share duties, both physical and clerical. Hoping you find something! It took me 20 years and a couple jobs in between to finally make the leap and now I feel at peace that it’s paying off.
If there is a silver lining, it's that I've kept my job each time but the entirety of my team is gone in an instant, leaving me to pick up the unfinished pieces and try to understand the scope of their projects to complete them. Quadruple the work, same pay, less time with the family. It's a blessing and a curse.

When they're done squeezing water from a stone, I'll be on my way to the next gig I'm sure. I've got my limits.

I decided in most cases working for someone is a dead end. The only way out is to work for yourself. However that presents other challenges. The best you can do is pick your poison
My family keeps telling me to make the jump. I think I'd do well but it's the unknown that reels me back in to a "safe" job. Which nowadays, with the lack of loyalty from employers and employees....maybe there's not much difference between the two.

4th, you aren't even getting warmed up yet man - I've been through over 100 layoffs in my career. They rarely register in my head any more, but I can tell they cause some angst for quite a few people.

Hoist your bourbon sir, and be of good cheer!
Wild! I can't even begin to think of how I'd retain sanity with that many.

I'm staying positive for the people that didn't make the cut. I just hate that it's just business but behind the decision affects people's lives in an immediate negative way.

Just hope it leads them to something better to where maybe they can look back and be thankful it happened.

you can do it.gif

Back
Top Bottom