5/1 Update* Need neighbor advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you want to keep your land, and rightfully so. If so, then make him remove the driveway. That's not being an A hole.
Exactly, why should the OP have to do anything because of a stupid idiot?
OP, stick to your guns and make him remove it and keep your land. The idiot is going to hate you no matter what, unless you give him the land.

This is what is important : he didn't file any permits or get a survey before hiring a crew of guys to form out and pour the driveway. He also didn't attend the concrete pour so even if he knew the property line, he wasn't there to say anything.

Contact Planning and Zoning Department. They should have one of their inspectors pull your property plat and verify the facts. Most likely they will discuss his lack of permits with him (he'll have fun with that) and tell him he has to remove what he poured on your property.
No permit required to pour concrete pad or drive..

OP... is your house and lot mortgaged? If so, you can't sell him anything until you get a release from your mortgage company, and those are not easy to get without substantial costs (as you would be reducing the value of their contract). If you own it outright, you could have the section "surveyed out" and sell; otherwise, you may not be in a position to even be having this conversation with your neighbor.

Hate to hear you're in this situation....hope if can be resolved easily.

Option:
1) Give him a rather high amount to sell it to him, so he'll decide to remove it instead.
2) Tell him as mentioned, you can't sell since it's got a mortgage and lender won't approve.
3) Have another calm discussion with him and say it needs to be removed since it's over the line and you don't want to sell him property. Then give/mail him a letter with a deadline - with all the facts spelled out and pictures.
4) Contact an attorney and have them send him a nice letter asking that it be removed, but letting him know that suing him is the next step.
5) Remove it and sue him for the cost. Last resort....of course.

That's all I can think of.......

4E68068D-45DC-48F7-92CF-3D411A317CFC.jpeg

I don't have time to read the whole thread, but this is what I did with the psycho Jackass in front of me...He was building a garage next to my easement..I knew he did not have a permit so, I reported it to the County. A week later he had to take it down. Fast forward he cuts trees on my property not knowing where the property line was..Then changed the easement access, I took him to Court and hung him out to dry. He was ordered by the Judge to fix it..1 month later back into court we went...I informed the Judge, that he had not complied with fixing it on purpose. She locked him up right there, on to the Pokie
That's why we all love you man. Taking care of business.

I was just gonna suggest to the OP that he pour some new driveway and bury the SOB under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom