• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5 Best Home Self Defense Firearms

Here's MY list:

Semi Auto ---- Colt Combat Commander 70 Series
Revolver --- S&W 25-5 in .45LC
Shotgun --- Winchester 1897 12 gauge
Rimfire Rifle--- Remington 550
Centerfire Rifle --- Ruger Mini 30

I just browsed this artcle online [so it must be factual] and here is this guy's opinion:

Best semi-auto: Glock G17 9mm

Best revolver: Ruger GP100 357 magnum

Best shotgun: Remington 870 12 gauge pump

Best rimfire rifle: Ruger 10/22 22 lr

Best centerfire rifle: M4 configuration 223/5.56 [mentions Colt and Daniel Defense]

I do not have a horse in this race, but thought it was interesting. Thanks.
Got all 5...well I replaced the 17 with a 19.

I can agree on the 870 and the M4, although the M4 would be more for perimeter defense than inside the home. Other than that he is just picking his favorites. No merit to any of those particularly. When it comes to hand guns, any reliable gun that you shoot well is best. I do not shoot Glocks well so I don't own any. I am a Ruger fan but how is a GP100 any better for home defense than a Smith M19 or similar? Just another guy with an opinion and you know what they say about opinions. As for the 10-22, any rimfire to me would be a last resort.

Don’t think a .22 would be my first choice for an armed intruder. My wife, however, keeps her Ruger SR22 handy. She’s shot everything we’ve got and it’s the only one she can keep a full mag/cylinder/tube on target. Plus she can load mags and rack the slide without help or problems.

Back
Top Bottom