• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$550 Daniel Defense Upper

I didn't mean for this to turn into the typical stupid an AR is an AR argument. If you want the cheapest AR you can put together there are tons of options. If you want something up there with Colt and BCM this is a great deal. Add that they're a GA company and it's hard not to support them.

I didn't mean for this to turn into the typical stupid an AR is an AR argument. If you want the cheapest AR you can put together there are tons of options. If you want something up there with Colt and BCM this is a great deal. Add that they're a GA company and it's hard not to support them.
personal opinion, but this is better than a colt by a decent margin. Anymore, your not getting anything special with a colt. Its just a basic manufacturer going off their name. I'm not saying their not a good one but they don't provide you with anything special. Newer manufacturers are coming to the industry with improvements or upgrades that make them stand out from thee crowd.

I didn't mean to imply the manufacturing of the barrel, I was saying there are many companies utilizing CHF barrels.
Its more than just a barrel. I used to think AR is an AR when I first got into them. After building many of them and fixing quite a few pile-O-*** rifles for others, I quickly learned that components DO make a difference. At $550, that is the top of what I would want to pay, add a nice $300 BCM complete lower and for $850 you get a fantastic quality rifle ready for optics or a rear BUIS. I would say you would have a batter quality rifle than a Colt too.

Now, if money is an issue, the Hardened Arms, PTAC PSA, etc... stuff can get you a complete rifle for $400ish (sometimes less on sale). I personally would not use it, but my budget allows me to get better quality components.

Again though, this thread is about if the DD upper offered through Western Sport is a legit DD upper, and I think the consensus is yes.

The other gentlemen was inquiring why this would command $550 vs the cheaper offering by another manufacturer and those areas have been covered as well. Just saying their **** is overpriced without detailed specifics is just an ignorant comment.

personal opinion, but this is better than a colt by a decent margin. Anymore, your not getting anything special with a colt. Its just a basic manufacturer going off their name. I'm not saying their not a good one but they don't provide you with anything special. Newer manufacturers are coming to the industry with improvements or upgrades that make them stand out from thee crowd.

Couldn't agree more.

I didn't mean to imply the manufacturing of the barrel, I was saying there are many companies utilizing CHF barrels.
That's funny, since the post that you quoted of mine where you went all know it all specifically said companies that PRODUCE CHF barrels.

No implication needed. Don't trip while backpedaling!

All BS aside, let's compare apples to apples now. Show me a complete, factory barreled upper with a CHF barrel, 158 MPI BCG and a free float rail of that quality for that price. And ensure that the customer service and support that DD offers will be there as well.

Back
Top Bottom