• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.8 SPC shooters, I need your advice.

PSA Discontinued the 6.8. Not sure why it is still on their website.

Id go with a standard lower, ARP barrel and bolt.

I have a AERO upper and lower set aside for a 5R 12.5" ARP barrel when they come back in stock.

Plenty of info here.
https://68forums.com/forums/index.php
They brought it back out a few months ago. The one on their site is the only option they are making. It is available though.

I've built 8 6.8 SPC II. All of them turned out really nice. Have used barrels from Wilson Combat arp raniere Ultra arms all of them turned out really accurate and great shooting rifles. My suggestion is pick and choose your parts from the good manufacturers and build your own nothing to it. Great all-around cartridge nice stopping power you can hunt with it can they just make better sense than a 5 5 6 4 knockdown power.

Ok so after doing more research, Bison Armory has an 18” barrel with a rifle length from sight boss (but still has a mid length gas block) and I really love the idea of having a full rifle length sight radius. So that’s the barrel I went with. They also have really good reviews on 68forums.

I’ll post pics and updates of my build in this thread.

ARP and Bison are the two barrel suppliers that have really researched, tested and developed some great barrels. I haven't used them yet but hell that doesn't mean squat as far as results go. You get what you get what you get. Results speak the truth. I am anxious to hear the results you get. Good luck with build bro.

Back
Top Bottom