• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

69 Camaro rewired!

ShawnZR-1

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
So, my very close friend had a Camaro built... and I mean BUILT! Resto-Rod with a supercharged LS3, completely new suspension, just a phenomenal car... except... the builder was not an electrical wiz. There were electrical gremlins everywhere and worse yet... there wasn't an audio system!!

So... I REWIRED IT! (grunt)

Here are some pics of the progress:
walshsouth.com_forum_20150924_195923.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151023_155747.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151023_114119.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151023_155854.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151122_130714.jpg

And some of the finished product:

walshsouth.com_forum_20151023_185906.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151128_185438.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151202_201456.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151202_201845.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_20151202_201353.jpg

It was a fun project, took about 45 days and about 60 man hours to get it done (sorry, I have a real job too!). There were several 'one step forward, two steps backwards' but it all worked out!

With any luck, this car will be at the Caffeine and Octane show this Sunday... if we have time!

I RUN VAN CONVERSION SHOP FOR 8 YEARS. OWNER TOOK A NEW DODGE ONVERSION TO AUTO AUCTION NASHVILLE TAIL LIGHTS AND DASH LIGHTS DIDNT WORK. PUT TINFOIL ON FUSE AND ALL WIRES IN HARNESS IN DASH MELT TOGEATHER BEFORE GET BATTERY UN HOOKED. DODGE WANTED $1800 TO REPAIR. I TOLD HIM TO PUT IN BACK STALL AND I DIDNT WANT SEE NOBODY TILL I FINISHED. SPLICED IN ABOUT 25 WIRES AND REMOVED SCREW THAT CAUSED SHORT ABOUT 3 HOURS WORK WIRES CONNECTERS TOTAL COST $27.00. MAKE YOU WANT TO PULL YOUR HAIR OUT.

Does it still run??LOL... looks good! I I had the patients to do that stuff years ago but not now, I'll call you if I need something done.
Run? As in 'drive'??? What, are you crazy? This is a show car man!!! LOL!

Of course it runs, like a bat outta hell!!! It's got Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 335's on the rear... and it'll smoke 'em in 2nd! *oops*

I RUN VAN CONVERSION SHOP FOR 8 YEARS. OWNER TOOK A NEW DODGE ONVERSION TO AUTO AUCTION NASHVILLE TAIL LIGHTS AND DASH LIGHTS DIDNT WORK. PUT TINFOIL ON FUSE AND ALL WIRES IN HARNESS IN DASH MELT TOGEATHER BEFORE GET BATTERY UN HOOKED. DODGE WANTED $1800 TO REPAIR. I TOLD HIM TO PUT IN BACK STALL AND I DIDNT WANT SEE NOBODY TILL I FINISHED. SPLICED IN ABOUT 25 WIRES AND REMOVED SCREW THAT CAUSED SHORT ABOUT 3 HOURS WORK WIRES CONNECTERS TOTAL COST $27.00. MAKE YOU WANT TO PULL YOUR HAIR OUT.

Well, the problem with this case was a 40+ year old wiring harness (which wasn't that bad actually) that had been hacked and spliced through the years (that was the problem area)! At one point, a short blew a 50 amp fuse... that was the last straw! For some reason, there were 2 relays for the horn! The headlight harness was cut and spliced and there were half a dozen mystery wires under the hood.

YOU WERE REWIRING WHOLE CAR PLUS GUESSING WHAT THIS WIRE DOES ON MYSTREY WIRES ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAKE A LUMP OF MELTED ONES UNDERDASH AND FIND COLOR AT EACH END OF MELTED AND CUT OUT ONE COLOR AT A TIME AND SPLICE IN. LUCKEY MOST WIRES WERE COLOR CODED. YOU HAD A WHOLE CAR REWIRE. I DONT HAVE A THE PATIENCE OR EYE SIGHT FOR IT ANYMORE!

Back
Top Bottom