• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

69 Camaro rewired!

Did you use a Painless kit or wire it from a spool? I've been helping a friend on his corvette... The last guy had NO CLUE about wiring. His connections consisted of stripping, looping through the connector and twisting. No crimps, no solder. We're probably going to end up getting a painless kit.

Did you use a Painless kit or wire it from a spool? I've been helping a friend on his corvette... The last guy had NO CLUE about wiring. His connections consisted of stripping, looping through the connector and twisting. No crimps, no solder. We're probably going to end up getting a painless kit.
for something like that a repro kit is in order..all the same locations and factory terminations...but if your modifying and up grading to fuel injection and modern electronics the painless custom kit is the way to go

As far as wiring goes, it's really not. Access is the main issue. I've learned from restoring cars that if there's an electrical issue, pull it all out and start over.

Hahaha, really?

Heres fuel injection going into my 71. Not finished but making progress. Last pic is the extended harness I made for the computer.

Attachments

• 1445382298321 - Copy.jpg
    1445382298321 - Copy.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 1447423342556 - Copy.jpg
    1447423342556 - Copy.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
for something like that a repro kit is in order..all the same locations and factory terminations...but if your modifying and up grading to fuel injection and modern electronics the painless custom kit is the way to go

A pre made harness is the way to go. I almost went that way, but for $550 they wanted I went ahead and made it myself. Next time Im buying the pre made.

A pre made harness is the way to go. I almost went that way, but for $550 they wanted I went ahead and made it myself. Next time Im buying the pre made.
We went with the $550 option! BUT... it's not turn-key! There is a lot of cutting and crimping though they do have provisions for resto-rod wiring! The really nice thing is the wires are labeled so it's pretty nice being able to read the writing on the wires after running them through the firewall and all...

It was the painless kit (don't let that label mislead you though!). There were several pains that I had to deal with but color coded and labeled wires made things soooooo much easier!

Back
Top Bottom