• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7.5 SBR build

Saker, thunderbeast, Surefire SB2 are all 5.56 cans rated to 7.5. Heard of ALOT of guys running YHM phantom Ti .30 cal cans on 7.5 556 no issues as well. It can be done and the AA piston has a suppressor setting that will help even more

I would go with with the spikes H2 buffer and spring kit for the SBR. I used that on my 14.7 and it shoots smooth, smooth smooth. You might step up one digit on buffer weight for that short of a barrel. Of course gas hole diameter can come into play as well. I would start with a H2 and then see what she feels like. I like spike because it doesn't give that cheap buffer tube sound when you charge the rifle. They cost a little more but are well worth the money.
I have built many rifles and used a lot of different adj. stock kits. The Spikes kit is now my go to kit on every build. I do put a fine layer of bearing grease on the spring to prevent wear and cut down on noise. It will then result in zero noise when charged or shot.

Saker, thunderbeast, Surefire SB2 are all 5.56 cans rated to 7.5. Heard of ALOT of guys running YHM phantom Ti .30 cal cans on 7.5 556 no issues as well. It can be done and the AA piston has a suppressor setting that will help even more
Fair enough...for me, if I'm suppressing the rifle, I want it to be able to shoot it without earpro. I have my doubts at 7.5"

Fair enough...for me, if I'm suppressing the rifle, I want it to be able to shoot it without earpro. I have my doubts at 7.5"
Oh for sure they're still pretty loud. The ones I've shot are the saker, and inside, and it was loud. I guess the only good thing about the rating is if you baffle struck or had to recore it from corrosion they won't tell you to kick rocks?

I would go with with the spikes H2 buffer and spring kit for the SBR. I used that on my 14.7 and it shoots smooth, smooth smooth. You might step up one digit on buffer weight for that short of a barrel. Of course gas hole diameter can come into play as well. I would start with a H2 and then see what she feels like. I like spike because it doesn't give that cheap buffer tube sound when you charge the rifle. They cost a little more but are well worth the money.
I have built many rifles and used a lot of different adj. stock kits. The Spikes kit is now my go to kit on every build. I do put a fine layer of bearing grease on the spring to prevent wear and cut down on noise. It will then result in zero noise when charged or shot.

If you start a blog, I swear I will be a daily reader.

Let me know if you want help with the name, I gots some good ones.

Ever since @PearlDiver pointed it out, I just can't get pass that dualing penis logo......

66dbabf73fbe878358346f1dc0ff3836.jpg

Back
Top Bottom