• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

7.62x25 - Anyone reload these?

While you can reaload the cases, most people tend to stay away from pistol cases that are not true straight wall design. These are more of a pain than they are worth to most. The only way that I would get into this caliber or any other like it is if I had a gun that I could not live without.

Just do it it's worth a try I was in the same boat as you. I picked up a set of dies from a gun show then went to work I did screw up a few cases but Hell that just happens the one thing with these is Tokarevs have a very tight chamber so your reloads have to nearly all perfect easier then it sounds once you get down. If you reload other calibers proficiently then this should not be very hard.

Last edited:
Just do it it's worth a try I was in the same boat as you. I picked up a set of dies from a gun show then went to work I didn't screw up a few cases but Hell that just happens the one thing with these is Tokarevs have a very tight chamber so your reloads have to nearly all perfect easier then it sounds once you get down. If you reload other calibers proficiently then this should not be very hard.

Can the surplus ammo be reloaded? I wasn't sure if they were berdan primers.. Which bullets have you been using?

I saw this youtube video where the guy converts .223 brass into 7.62 brass.

[video=youtube_share;MhG08yQGD38]http://youtu.be/MhG08yQGD38[/video]

Berdan primed brass can be converted to use boxer primers, and berdan primers can also be had, but either solution is pretty involved, finding them is probably the more difficult of the two from all I've heard.
I think starkine makes it from time to time, and might be worth it

Just pull the FMJ bullets and replace with a HP of the same weight. Use factory primer and powder. I have done this with 9mm Largo for years.

Back
Top Bottom