• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7.62x54R Ammo Factory Rankings

I picked up some - I think - Albanian and the fifth round out of my VEPR wouldn't chamber. I'm like what? Almost had to mortar it to get it out.

Next mag and dang! Wouldn't chamber the 1st round.

Anyway, emptied all the mags and loaded in some factory 188 silver tips and she didn't miss a beat. And the scope was pretty dead nuts on. I had zeroed the scope at CMP on my 23" rifle but it was good on the 16" on Saturday.

IMG_0330.JPG

I picked up some - I think - Albanian and the fifth round out of my VEPR wouldn't chamber. I'm like what? Almost had to mortar it to get it out.

Next mag and dang! Wouldn't chamber the 1st round.

Anyway, emptied all the mags and loaded in some factory 188 silver tips and she didn't miss a beat. And the scope was pretty dead nuts on. I had zeroed the scope at CMP on my 23" rifle but it was good on the 16" on Saturday.

View attachment 1388630

Yep, the inconsistant brass sizing is why i don't like the Albanian ammo. Stinks pretty bad and was alot more smokey than the others.

I probably should have then too.
I bought a PSL about 5 years ago or so and it seemed like it was getting expensive then. Haven't looked at any recently so I can only imagine

Back
Top Bottom