• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7.62x54r ammo?

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I just got back into another Mosin and after looking around a bit I realize the good old days of cheap ammo are just about over. Same as the $89 Mosin. Can anyone recommend a decent 7.62x54r ammo that shoots fairly accurate and won't break the bank? Oh, and non corrosive would be great too. Well, maybe I'm dreaming but AO still had spam cams last year for $119...Those dried up a while back, though. Any input will be appreciated.

After looking at sgammo and being discouraged I don't know what to expect, but I hope to remain realistic. Is 54r really as much as 8mm these days?

ppu is cost effective and accurate. I use it even for hunting, usually costs $15 or less for a box of 20 rounds.

The American manufacturers are very proud of their 7.62x54 so they skyrocket the price of their ammo needlessly

Reactions: MRH
Aim Surplus has MFS non corrosive for $8 a box . otherwise just go grab a few boxes at Academy . Right now expect to pay about 50+ cents a round for non corrosive

Reactions: MRH
Aim Surplus has MFS non corrosive for $8 a box . otherwise just go grab a few boxes at Academy . Right now expect to pay about 50+ cents a round for non corrosive

That's a better price than anywhere else I've seen, and being non corrosive is a big plus. Thanks!

I just got back into another Mosin and after looking around a bit I realize the good old days of cheap ammo are just about over. Same as the $89 Mosin. Can anyone recommend a decent 7.62x54r ammo that shoots fairly accurate and won't break the bank? Oh, and non corrosive would be great too. Well, maybe I'm dreaming but AO still had spam cams last year for $119...Those dried up a while back, though. Any input will be appreciated.

After looking at sgammo and being discouraged I don't know what to expect, but I hope to remain realistic. Is 54r really as much as 8mm these days?

How much are you looking for man?

Back
Top Bottom